2002 Wrangler X

02SteelBlue

TJ Enthusiast
Hello all! Five years ago the Jeep bug bit me pretty hard. But I resisted, cause, you know, I'm tough like that (read: mostly afraid of buying something 15 or so years old). Two years ago I gave in and started looking pretty hard in areas within about a 6 hour drive of me - New Orleans.

It was rough. Most of the Wranglers I saw seemed overpriced for the miles/ frame condition/ etc. But, thanks to all of the very helpful people on this forum I knew what to look for!

In early January this year I pulled the trigger on an 02 X. 91k miles, no frame rust that I could tell, soft top. I think it's really nice.

I'll post some pictures if I can figure out how to get them transferred from my phone to the computer.

Anywho, I really wanted to post here to let everyone know how helpful all the information on these forum pages has been to someone who knows very little about Wranglers. The atmosphere y'all have created here is second to none!

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Think I got the pictures right...

20190106_113232.jpg

Great find. I’m partial to the 02 X myself. That Jeep looks like it is in awesome shape. We drove my wife’s JK to NOLA for the Sugar Bowl a few weeks ago. It would have been a little cramped taking my TJ with 4 people lol. What a cool city you live in and cool Jeep you have. I know that you will enjoy it.

Nice job on the purchase! Great color, and the frame looks really clean minus some easy to take care of surface rust.

Looks like you’ve got the right weather too ;)

Very clean Jeep. I’m happy for you. That color has grown on me more and more. Welcome to the X-Club!

Thanks for the welcome!

Ya, New Orleans is pretty unique, that's for sure. I hope y'all had fun at the sugar bowl.

The first thing I thought after I bought her was "If i keep her, a color change is in her future." However, the color has been growing on me lately, and I haven't seen another one that color down here, so maybe there's something in being unique.