Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

2003-2006 Hardtop Wiring

Gilly11277

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
make sure you have accounted for spacing of everything. Things can get pretty tight on a stock washer tank...but it will work.

I'm part of the three switch club now!

IMG_0665.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Scoutmapper

Lifesaver75

I forgot to give a final update on my project. It wasn't a ground issue after all. The culprit was in the C2 Instrument Panel Connector. I had not fully seated one of the pins (terminal 7). Everything has been fully functional for several months now.

Just confirming... Do I have to run a wire from C2 I/P connector terminal 7 to C170? I've been working on this for three days and I'd much rather pull an engine...LOL...

Rcroane

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just confirming... Do I have to run a wire from C2 I/P connector terminal 7 to C170? I've been working on this for three days and I'd much rather pull an engine...LOL...

Yes, that wire would be in your donor harness and you just need to move it over to your existing harness. When you are connecting it at the C170 connector (Pin 2), there will probably be a blue plastic retainer holding all the wires in place and you'll need to remove it before you can insert the pin from the new wire. I had trouble getting the blue retainer back in place, so I left it off.....hopefully you'll be able to get yours back on properly.

Lifesaver75

Yes, that wire would be in your donor harness and you just need to move it over to your existing harness. When you are connecting it at the C170 connector (Pin 2), there will probably be a blue plastic retainer holding all the wires in place and you'll need to remove it before you can insert the pin from the new wire. I had trouble getting the blue retainer back in place, so I left it off.....hopefully you'll be able to get yours back on properly.

Does the C170 connector look like this?

20221002_181512.jpg

20221002_181500.jpg

Rcroane

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My jeep is an 01, so not sure if they're different on other years.

You should not be using the process in this thread. It only applies to 2003-2006 TJ's. There is a different thread in the How To section that you should use. It's an entirely different process. I'll post the link shortly.

Lifesaver75

Rcroane

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I really appreciate all the help. I ordered the switches from ebay thinking I could wire them in where they go. Not so much. I can't find any schematics on how to wire them into my existing harness. I guess I need to shop around for a complete harness with the switches for my 01. Thanks again for all your help.

Happy to help. This place is a good source for the harnesses you'll need.

http://briskeymountain4wd.com/

Chilidawg

That's awesome

That's awesome! I appreciate the thanks and so glad you got it.
To test defogger you can use a multimeter on the inside of the back window. Test it with DC 12v from one connection to the other. Lots of videos show how to do it. If you get 12v you are golden. I read in the FSM that it has a timer so it will go out after a certain time.

with the cables connected to the glass I get about 9.6VDC, with the glass disconnected and reading the plugs i get 12.2V Is that normal? I assume some resistance in the glass is causing the drop.

Rcroane

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
with the cables connected to the glass I get about 9.6VDC, with the glass disconnected and reading the plugs i get 12.2V Is that normal? I assume some resistance in the glass is causing the drop.

You should be getting 12v with the plugs attached. Not sure what would cause yours to be less. Could it be caused by damage somewhere in the defrost grid on the window?

Chilidawg

I looked at the grid and it looks all in tact. I will disconnect the plugs tomorrow and sand down the tabs to see if I get a better connection. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: Rcroane