2003 TJ: Going 55, no acceleration, gauges died, and stalled

So this happened today. Hooked up a set of LED fogs. Upgraded sound bar speakers. Took the TJ out for a drive. At traffic light idle went up to 2000 RPM’s. Got the green light, turned onto CO 50, accelerated to 55mph. Attempted to accelerate to 60, no increase in speed, put the pedal to the metal, no increase. Suddenly all gauges flatlined, Nettie stalled and I coasted to the shoulder. Put on emergency blinkers and turned the ignition to start; the engine cranked and cranked, but would turn over. Disconnected everything I did with the fogs, cranked again, no start. All the while gauges are not budging, needles all the way on the left! Called a buddy, he pulled me into the shop. My mechanics not looking at it til Monday, but in anticipation, any diagnostic guesses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mechanic checked wiring, attempted diagnostics, pinged various relays etc.... Hours of testing. NO communications. Told me next step is to replace computer...? Electrical is the worst! That’s my day.
Well, but then there’s this also!
88d45d625d52c20ba7f2c4dea18e3ac3.jpg

Mechanic checked wiring, attempted diagnostics, pinged various relays etc.... Hours of testing. NO communications. Told me next step is to replace computer...? Electrical is the worst! That’s my day.
Well, but then there’s this also!
View attachment 45463

Awesome view...

Sorry about the issue with the jeep. I had a friend once with similar problem. The last thing we did was reset the PCM just to make sure one of the sensors didn't just go array. Pull the pos and neg terminals off. Touch them together for 30 sec. It will discharge the pcm capacitors. If your going the replace the ecm this would be my last try.
Here is a section from one of my saved files.
Disconnect the positive battery Terminal and touch it to ground for 30 seconds. (This is to discharge the PCM capacitors, which maintain the Adaptive Memory.
Reconnect the Battery Cable
Turn Ignition Switch to the On position but DO NOT start the engine
Turn Headlights On
Turn Headlights Off
Turn Ignition Key Off

If this helps it will take about 50 starting cycles or 500 miles for it to completely relearn the system.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.