2003 TJ Resto-Upgrade

James Rowe

B0378B03-7FEC-47D6-A81A-7F72D34CB53C.jpeg
4C0FAC3B-B8E4-4F9A-B688-302A8D9EA3FC.jpeg
82CBEC7A-0F09-49D8-B004-F5965DE0F058.jpeg
My Better Half, loved her TJ better than new ones! It is a 2003 and bought she bought it in 2005. She purchased the Jeep in Wisconsin, and talked her dad into driving it back to Denver! It had a 4” lift Freedom Flame package and the running boards on it at the time. It spent 7 years in Denver and now 8 in Florida. She is the second owner and had no rust! So now she sports a new Gr8tops Safari Top, BedRug, Vision X LED headlights, LED taillights, 17”Anthem Wheels with 315/70R17 BFG All Terrain KO Tires and new Black Paint Job that I did in our garage. We are still waiting on the Hanson Off Road front and rear bumpers which should arrive in two weeks. Today we start to do the next phase! New Chrome Moly axles, new gears front and rear with carriers and rear locker, Fox shocks and steering stabilizer, new water pump, all new cooling hoses valve cover gasket, front and rear main seals, and engine bay detailing, will be better than new and barely broken in with only 90,000 miles on her.

Last edited:
Sharp looking TJ. The painted safari top and fenders make it really stand out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've seen this top from time-to-time. At first I wasn't sure how I feel about it, but I really love it on your TJ. I'll bet there's a ton of extra headroom inside, huh? The sliding rear windows are probably a nice feature as well.

Anyways, that's a damn clean Jeep, I'm impressed!

Reactions: Ephry73
I have to say, its really sharp and I love the safari top! Pretty unique..
Looks perfect with the rear seat deleted, it really opens that cargo area up for gear.

I've seen this top from time-to-time. At first I wasn't sure how I feel about it, but I really love it on your TJ. I'll bet there's a ton of extra headroom inside, huh? The sliding rear windows are probably a nice feature as well.

Anyways, that's a damn clean Jeep, I'm impressed!
Thank you so much! Took 6 months on the paint. I am 6’1” and I have 5 inches above my head now. Much quieter inside. She loves it even more than she did before!

I have to say, its really sharp and I love the safari top! Pretty unique..
Looks perfect with the rear seat deleted, it really opens that cargo area up for gear.
Funny, I just read your build thread and saw you got yours as a result of an accident. She got this as a result of her previous Jeep getting totaled in an accident. Something in common.

Reactions: EJD
Great looking Jeep. That top works being that it is paint matched along with the flares. Good looking ride:thumbsup:

Funny, I just read your build thread and saw you got yours as a result of an accident. She got this as a result of her previous Jeep getting totaled in an accident. Something in common.
Yeah thats too bad, but sometimes things work out for the best!
What part of FL you in btw? I used to live in Vero Beach for a few years on the coast.

Those Gr8tops Safari Tops are awesome. The price is what stops me in my tracks, however. Ouch! Found one used one, but it was so heavily damaged that I didn't think it was worth fixing. Not sure that anyone did, as I believe he ended up throwing it out. Still, I love what they do to the looks of the TJ. Gorgeous rig!