2003 TJ Sahara build

Beans TJ

New to this site. Love it so far.
I picked up a 2003 TJ Sahara in May of this year. Mostly stock condition accept for the 31 MT tires. 4.0 engine automatic. Has 136,000 now since I’ve been taking it to the beach as often as I can.
I have done a few things cosmetically but nothing major. Until now. Friday, the TJ gets a lift. Going with a 4.5 inch super flex lift with mono tube shocks. 35x12.5 Mickey Thompsons MTZ Bajas on 17” Fuel Trophy’s. The question at this point, is a 3.73 gear gonna get it with this package?? I hear yes but would like some feedback. Here is a before pick. Will follow up with an after pick this weekend. And so it begins.....
IMG_2489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-gear to what and save how much?? Already breaking the budget for the lift wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It depends on what you're using your jeep for but I hear most people recommend 4.88 with 35's. Most people recommend Revolution for gearing. It'll probably cost you around $350-$400

Reactions: Beans TJ
Can't say I would personally recommend Revolution since regearing is still on my build list and I haven't actually done it yet.

Reactions: Beans TJ
It depends on what you're using your jeep for but I hear most people recommend 4.88 with 35's. Most people recommend Revolution for gearing. It'll probably cost you around $350-$400
That is just the cost of the gears.....with installation at least $1200-$1500, I would let the installer get your gear of choice as they may not warranty supplied parts. With 35's you will need gears.

Reactions: b0xcar
That is just the cost of the gears.....with installation at least $1200-$1500, I would let the installer get your gear of choice as they may not warranty supplied parts. With 35's you will need gears.
Dang I did not realize installation cost so much! Do you know how difficult is it to do it yourself?