SOLD 2003 TJ Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crust

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Price
Selling a 2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport. I've got a clean California title in-hand and the Jeep just passed smog. It just surpassed the 100k mile mark and is slowly climbing as I do drive it around here and there. Five-speed transmission. Dana 30 front axle and a factory-equipped Dana 44 rear with original 3.73 gear ratio. The paint is Patriot Blue Pearl. Fresh oil, air filter, and spark plugs installed. It has the original Canyon wheels which are wrapped in a healthy set of tires. It is completely stock other than a relatively new Bestop Pavement Ends soft top which is in great condition; and a silly carbon fiber antenna that I never got around to swapping back to OE. Everything functions on the Jeep. CARFAX shows two previous owners, but only because the original owner leased it before purchasing it from the dealership. The original owner was my neighbor.

Known facts/nuances/issues:
- paint has a good bit of oxidation from sun exposure (worst on driver side)
- randomly throws a cylinder 1 misfire (P0301) on startup but misfire goes away almost immediately
- often takes two cranks to start, assuming it could use a new fuel pump but haven’t been able to find an OE replacement
- minor corrosion/surface rust along the sides of the frame and rear crossmember from living in a coastal San Diego community for 20 years
- ignition cylinder different key than the rest of the lock cylinders (PO provided story for this that doesn’t make sense lol and I may just fix eventually)
- shifting into first gear can sometimes be a bitch (have 2 quarts of MTL waiting to swap in which I believe will fix)
- CARFAX shows minor fender bender from ‘06. PO stated front passenger fender was replaced after his wife was backed into in the alley behind their house (no sign of damage to tub/frame at all and fender looks great)

$13,000 cash.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions. More photos available. Some are also here:
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/san-diego-2003-jeep-wrangler-tj-sport/7517797946.html

871D7D73-E14F-4C97-97C9-707A5D6E94ED.jpeg

B13E4DD2-82A7-496F-B456-68D430AEA35F.jpeg

EC98E1CA-4860-4486-9B6B-C941E6DCA917.jpeg

95396246-C39E-4079-BD6E-F6915E4D46DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.