2003 TJ

DHunt

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've been reading this forum since actively looking for a jeep. Not as easy as I thought. Here in San Diego County, there isn't the rust as a problem, but most Jeeps in my price range (10-12k) are either high mileage or modified/beat. This one was pretty stock, 4" suspension lift, tires. In a week, I'll be towing to the Sierras for my 2 week camping trip. Thanks for the excellent article on towing. Anyone here have experience with Sand Canyon or other trips close by? I have at least one book Sierra Nevada Byways. Here we go!

my jeep.jpg

Welome to the forum! At let you don't have to deal with rust... that's the real killer of Wranglers. High mileage is nothing. One guy on here had 600k miles on his TJ before he sold it... stock engine too!

I really dig that color!

High mileage just kills the value. So does a salvage title. I was really tempted by what looked like an awesome jeep with a salvage title. All my advisors warned against it, so I passed.
I think the maroon color would really be set off with a tan(spice) soft top. What do you think?

Reactions: JMT
Here in Arizona, if you file a claim on your insurance, they make it a salvage title, so I bought a 89 Toyota pickup with a salvage title that was because it was a theft recovery. Nothing wrong with the vehicle at all, save for a couple of small oil leaks I fixed. Then 3 years later I sold it for 1000 more than I paid for it.

Sometimes like you said it kills the resale value, but it also means you can buy it cheap too.

Congrats on the new TJ, I look forward to watching it grow.

Welcome to the forums!

High mileage just kills the value. So does a salvage title. I was really tempted by what looked like an awesome jeep with a salvage title. All my advisors warned against it, so I passed.
I think the maroon color would really be set off with a tan(spice) soft top. What do you think?
Well, not really, re the salvage title. Usually just means the insurance company didn't pay to fix it. My 2003 is a salvage title, and I would challenge you to see the difference. Nice TJ tho...