2004 Jeep TJ

Gunnersmate

TJ Enthusiast
Picked up this running TJ with a 140k miles on it for 3,000.00 its a 5spd with a 4.0 liter dana 30 front and 44 locker rear 3.73 gears
IMG_3678.JPG

Last edited:
Ok might as well clean this old front Diff up and add some Johnny Joints for the Upper Control Arms, I choose to Paint over Powder Coat. My reason was if I ever needed to weld on it the paint is a much easier re-spray than the Powder Coat. I alson replaced the pinion and carrier bearings and races and the axle seals and gave all the other suspension and steering components a new coat of paint. Now I Would like to add most everything Axle, Suspension and Steering was Sandblasted before I painted it

IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3825.JPG

IMG_3788.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Now in an upcoming picture some might notice the these quick disconnects are on upside down. I installed that way on purpose and that was to keep water from running down the male side of the threads into the female side of the threads water drains out and down the threads now

Shocks and Coil Springs were re[;aced new With Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5 inch also replaced the coil spring isolators with new isolators

Control Arms were replaced with APOC upper and Lower Control Arms, The Track Bar is a Rubicon Express came on the Jeep when I bought it the Tie Rod Ends are all new Rugged Ridge HD units the jeep originally had the Rugged Ridge Tie Rod Bar and Drag Link Bar on it when I bought it.

Ok also the brake dust covers were missing so I replaced them and Also replaced the U joints in the Axle with new Dana Spicer U Joints. The Front Drive Shaft was Shot so I bought a new one from Adams Driveshaft front tires were wornout from bad ball joints so I ordered 2 new ones

This Jeep drove like a wore out 1948 hay truck when I bought it that's why it was on the trailer it really was not safe to drive. Ball Joints were bad all the rubber bushings and coil spring isolator pads were junk, Lower Control Arm and Control Arm Bracket were bent, front tires were shot, it drives like new or better now,

Next project off to the back for the new shocks, springs, control arms, sway bar, parking brakes, axle bearings and seals

FYI about the yellow that was applied to the front suspension parts it is from Tractor Supply it New Holland Yellow in the rattle can PLEASE NOTE the quarts and gallons are not the same color as the spray