Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Price
$10,000.00
For sale is my beloved right hand drive TJ. It has been a wonderful 4 years and I hate to see it go but it’s time for a change. The Jeep’s history, as far as I know it, is as follows: It was special ordered from the jeep factory for a woman to deliver mail in the Reno/Tahoe area (As you see under the hood it has “Mail Lady” written on the fan). She was getting it serviced at Double J Auto down in Gardnerville for years where my cousin worked. His boss purchased it from her and then proceeded to install the bumpers, flat fenders, body armor, light bars, etc. That gentleman then bought a JK and had too many vehicles so he sold the TJ to me. He only owned the Jeep from about Feb. 2016 to Oct. 2016 when I purchased it. I used the Jeep as a daily driver for a year (mileage from 190,000-200,000) and then purchased a cheap Subaru to cruise around in. Since then I have only put 5,000 miles on the jeep as it was a fair weather cruiser / trail vehicle. I have mainly used it to explore OHV/Forest Roads and for going camping with friends and what not. I’ve always been blown away with what this jeep can handle with just the basic upgrades and I am sure it could handle more if someone really wanted to push it. It truly shows what a magnificent piece of machinery these TJ’s are. My plan was to keep it forever and slowly upgrade it to my dream jeep / the sickest right hand drive TJ out there but at this time the money is more valuable and useful to me than a long term project. That being said it has been ‘non-op’ed since Aug. 2019 so that I didn’t have to continue paying the car insurance on it. I really wish I had the time and money to keep it and continue to make it my dream jeep but that toy will have to wait. I have a manila folder filled with ALL of the receipts and installation instructions for certain parts from the previous owner and myself. I also have the original owner’s manual and maintenance log book (although it was never used). Here is a list of what has been done (All professionally. No driveway tinkering):
Prior to my ownership:
Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper
Aluminum Fairlead in front bumper for future winch installation
Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper
Smittybilt XRC Rocker Guards
Smittybilt XRC Tailgate cover and swing away spare tire rack
Smittybilt XRC Corner Guards
Smittybilt XRC Rear Armor
Smittybilt XRC Tube Fender w/Flare all around
Banks Ram-Air Intake System
02.19.16/02.20.16
LED Turn Signal Lights (Front)
Smittybilt XRC Rear Swing Away
Steering Dampener
04.17.16/04.23.16
Rear Track Bar
Brake Kit
Adjustable Track Bar Bracket
6 IN LED Light Bar
2 1IN LED Light “Bars”
Light Squares on the bottom of each side of the front windshield
Both have switches that are placed in one of the air vents (see photos)
LED Interior Lights
Post-Purchase
Oil Change/Filter Change/Fluid Change/Diff level OK
Tow Hitch Installation (used for carrying a dirt bike on hitch rack)
Monomax Shocks and Shock Absorbers
Front Track Bar
Pinion Seal (Front Axle)
Front and Rear Diff Service
5 Hercules Tera Trac AT2 Tires
Leveling Springs
Alignment
New Front Windshield (Came home from a trip and it was cracked)
Replaced one tire that got a puncture (under warranty)
Track Bar
Steering Stabilizer (Rubicon Express)
U Joint – Front Axle (Spicer 1310)
Front Driveline
Front Brake Calipers
Re-Smogged
Heim Joint
Sway Bar
Spark Plugs
Camshaft Synchronizer
Accessories/Additional Parts
Tinted Rear Window on hard top
Steel Tube Frame half doors
Bikini Top
2 Smittybilt bags that attach to the tailgate but also can be removed and have straps to carry them with you if needed.
OEM air filter and intake
Velcro “oh shit” handles
New Hood Latches
New Bushing set
New Headlights
New Taillights
New U Joint (spare)
New Brake Line SS
Stereo Installation Kit
Brand New KAKIT 6 Layer All Weather Cover (still in packaging)
(I apologize for the dirt in some of the pics, it was windy day when I was trying to take photos)
Cons: There is a dent on the side of the front windshield from a tree branch. Some of the fabric on the bags, tube doors, and roll cage padding is faded from the original dark black due to the hot Tahoe sun. It recently felt a little shaky so I brought it to FHP automotive near Tahoe City and they said that a bolt on the front track bar was loose so they tightened it and now it’s all good to go.

As far as jeeps go, this thing is perfect for anyone. It is a great for a topless/doorless Sunday drive around the lake. It is great for someone who wants to cruise trails but also be able to drive down to Reno at 80 MPH. It is a great starting point for anyone who wants to put the time and money in to make a unique, more capable crawler. It will take you just about anywhere you want to go, as is.
Basically whatever direction you hope to take with a right hand drive TJ I can assure you that it will be a head turner. Be prepared for double takes, weird looks, and a lot of “hey you’re on the wrong side!” I have never seen another right hand drive TJ before and by the looks of it, not a lot of other people have either. Very capable and very fun. It will put a smile on your face every time you drive it. I am asking $10,000 but open to offers.

E52E1ED5-9D27-4540-A320-476E17DB7ADD.jpeg

298F6B4B-275B-4EE8-8B02-801DD60BF170.jpeg

6853EB86-6F3E-487D-9F7B-415AAA7A69BD.jpeg

612AB30E-0B8D-4E6B-9B43-B063038F68D9.jpeg

0397B325-0BA6-438F-8844-C740D4D524CE.jpeg

B87FB1D5-20DA-44AE-A33C-FD3D2DE233F8.jpeg

5163ED8A-F722-430D-98FC-711CC7986899.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.