2004 TJ Rubicon

J. D. King

Hey, guys. Just want to introduce myself and the jeep. It's a 2004 Rubicon. I traded my 2000 Sport and a little cash for it. It has high miles (240k) and has been used. So it's no beauty queen but what jeep should be!

The jeep had a warn front and rear bumper when I bought it. I've installed a 1" BL and MML and a few sets of LEDs. I plan to eventually install a 2.5" OME lift and a tummy tuck.

FB_IMG_1500226789900.jpg
FB_IMG_1500226807254.jpg
FB_IMG_1500226810785.jpg

I love the khaki on tan, great color combo. Looks like it's very clean too!

Great choice on the lift as well. I think a 2.5" OME lift with a body lift and a tummy tuck is a perfect setup for most of us.

Thanks, Chris. I like the color combination as well!

I got the lift and tummy tuck ideas from your FAQ threads. Originally wanted to put 35's but, after reading about all the additional modifications, I've decided to stick with 32's or 33's. It currently has Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/75's with spacers but I want a more aggressive look.

Thanks, Chris. I like the color combination as well!

I got the lift and tummy tuck ideas from your FAQ threads. Originally wanted to put 35's but, after reading about all the additional modifications, I've decided to stick with 32's or 33's. It currently has Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/75's with spacers but I want a more aggressive look.

Can't go wrong with that setup. You won't need 35" tires or anything that extreme, unless you are planning on doing some really serious rock crawling. With that setup you have planned, you can get by just fine on almost any terrain.

Can't go wrong with that setup. You won't need 35" tires or anything that extreme, unless you are planning on doing some really serious rock crawling. With that setup you have planned, you can get by just fine on almost any terrain.
I'm in South Louisiana. Not many rocks around here!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Hey, guys. Just want to introduce myself and the jeep. It's a 2004 Rubicon. I traded my 2000 Sport and a little cash for it. It has high miles (240k) and has been used. So it's no beauty queen but what jeep should be!

The jeep had a warn front and rear bumper when I bought it. I've installed a 1" BL and MML and a few sets of LEDs. I plan to eventually install a 2.5" OME lift and a tummy tuck.

View attachment 21386 View attachment 21387 View attachment 21388
One thing to note, a 1 inch mml with no suspension lift is not good. Messes with driveline angles and will do harm. I'd get on that suspension lift ASAP. I love the rubicon. I regret not forking over the couple grand for one. But I refuse to part with my first Jeep even though I've gotten some offers. Oh well. My loss. Looks good man! Love the color!

Reactions: JMT