2005-2006 4.0 factory cam sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightshadeTJ

Had code 0344 pop up, need an OEM cam sensor. Part production stopped in July of this year, and no salvage yard in the area has one

I found a couple on eBay but I had to buy a complete used OPDA to get one.

The newer Mopar sensors tend to throw codes when cold just like most if not all of the aftermarket options.

I found a couple on eBay but I had to buy a complete used OPDA to get one.

The newer Mopar sensors tend to throw codes when cold just like most if not all of the aftermarket options.

I was thinking that may be the route I have to take. Can’t live with the code popping in the cold in MI, if I do it will be cold enough to pop codes 6 months out of the year. Thank you for the heads up on the new Mopar sensors, I was afraid of that.

I believe some claim the new Crown sensors work in the cold but I can't vouch for those claims. I just know when I replaced my OPDA ('05 4.0), it was fine until it got cold and started throwing codes. My original sensor broke when I tried to remove it from the original corroded OPDA. I bought a Mopar sensor (actually 2 if I recall) that threw codes when cold.

Then I bought a used OPDA on eBay with an original sensor. I installed that sensor and no codes through 2 winters so far.

Good luck.

Reactions: NightshadeTJ
Status
Not open for further replies.