WTB: 2005/2006 TJ fuel tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelGH

Hemi ‘97
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking for an undamaged 2005/2006 TJ fuel tank. Located in Norwalk, Ohio 44857…

-Michael

I don’t believe so. Not easily anyways. The evap lines connect differently for one. I’m not sure my fuel pump would be retained the same in an ‘04 tank either…

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I don’t believe so. Not easily anyways. The evap lines connect differently for one. I’m not sure my fuel pump would be retained the same in an ‘04 tank either…
maybe someone else will jump in here.

i thought i remember somebody using the 05-06 pump in a previous yr clamp ring but don't recall the details. the evap is just tubes and can be routed as you need.

I know you have to modify an ‘05 pump to fit an ‘04 tank. But yes, the evap lines are different.

maybe someone else will jump in here.

i thought i remember somebody using the 05-06 pump in a previous yr clamp ring but don't recall the details. the evap is just tubes and can be routed as you need.
That was me. You just have to mill down the diameter of the top just a bit to drop it in. Post 1,261 over in my build thread.

Last edited:
I have one I pulled from my 05 LJ to install my Genright tank. I’m in Dayton about 3 hrs away.
How are all the connections? Anything broken? That’s my current issue. Cracked fittings at 3 connection points…

How are all the connections? Anything broken? That’s my current issue. Cracked fittings at 3 connection points…
It is currently being stored in my garage attic. Everything was in good working order when I put it up there. My LJ had 71k on it when I removed it.

Condition when I pulled it 2019.

20191222_153850_hdr-jpg.jpg

I got one in Mass I've been considering letting go as I may not do the hemi conversion I was planning. Probably too far from you but hit me up if you wanna discuss.

Reactions: MichaelGH
Status
Not open for further replies.