2005 bright silver auto TJR

Starrs

TJ Guru
This thread wouldn't exist had I not sold my 2014 jk; I'm glad I did now. For years I had drooled over buying a Ford Raptor, and always wanted to have one. So I was financially in the right spot to unload my jk and buy a 2017 Raptor...and that's what I did. I bought the Raptor and tore ass for a little while, but it just wasn't suiting me any longer. I missed my jeep. I ended up trading in my Raptor for a 2017 grand cherokee and instantly started looking for a new wrangler to make my own. I knew I wanted a Rubicon this time, and I was intrigued by the TJ. Searched and scouted the inter webs for months until I found the perfect starting point for my build; a 2005 bright silver auto rubi. This jeep only had 19,500 miles when I found her and had no modifications done. So fast forward to today and she is at the shop getting new shoes on and a lift. I will update this build thread when she is back home. I'll attach some pics of before and then after when I get the jeep back. Thanks to all who have given me feedback on choosing the proper lift to go with. I did end up going with the OME 2" and the JKS 1.25" BL. Tires are 285 KM2s. Rugged ridge heavy duty tire carrier will be installed to support the added weight. Now I have to wait

IMG_8565.JPG
IMG_8567.JPG
IMG_8568.JPG
IMG_8570.JPG
IMG_8572.JPG
IMG_8574.JPG
IMG_8575.JPG
IMG_8577.JPG

Love your Jeep and your plan...I'd check out the Exogate tire carrier before you drop the cash on a RR. That's next on my to-buy list.

Of course, I'm partial to silver Rubicons...

Who makes those floor mats?

Definitely check out out the Exogate tire carrier. Best one they make anymore (after the demise of OR-Fab).

That thing looks so clean, congrats on the purchase of such a cherry TJ!

Looking forward to seeing it!

I don't think you'd go wrong with either. I have Spidy shades with no complaints whatsoever. Those Grabars are on my wish list as well.