2005 bright silver auto TJR

The 35s bug bites again. Your TJR is built & looks exactly the way I've always dreamed of having mine, sitting just as it is. I just never could justify the cash outlay.

Fire up the ATM card.
To get everything the way I invision it it’s gonna be roughly 4500. It’s cheaper than a JL hahaha. My jeep only has 22,500 miles on it now. I plan on having this for a long time. We shall see how I feel in the next few days about the plans lol.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I would have bought your dpg kit from ya if you were thinking this 2 months ago! I think long wheel base Jeeps like the Brutes or JKUs look natural with 35s, though in my opinion 33s are the sweet spot for TJs. I do love watching people continue to build though so break out the credit card!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would have bought your dpg kit from ya if you were thinking this 2 months ago! I think long wheel base Jeeps like the Brutes or JKUs look natural with 35s, though in my opinion 33s are the sweet spot for TJs. I do love watching people continue to build though so break out the credit card!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I don’t have the DPG kit and I’m not changing the suspension. I would possibly be adding ACOS from JKS

Well build thread takes another turn. Finally sourced my AEV Highline kit. Should have it shipped to me middle of next week hopefully. Good sold for 2k alone, so I will not have a hood yet, but mine can be trimmed and I’m fine with it. Good news is I can ditch this BL soon and run 35s just on the highline kit alone. Hooray hahaha

32672622-A2A8-4F3D-8FB3-E88CBD749850.png
2D9B79DF-0CC0-402C-9BD6-184A0CF9FAED.png
85F57047-CDD7-4B03-BED9-9BAC2AE4A123.png
151585D7-F306-4608-BCE6-CA090C9A6E2C.png
Sd

Well build thread takes another turn. Finally sourced my AEV Highline kit. Should have it shipped to me middle of next week hopefully. Good sold for 2k alone, so I will not have a hood yet, but mine can be trimmed and I’m fine with it. Good news is I can ditch this BL soon and run 35s just on the highline kit alone. Hooray hahaha
Your Jeep is going to look so stupid. Can you tell I get bitter when I'm jealous?

Reactions: Starrs
I knew it would be a matter of time before you found one and pulled the trigger. No butt crack for you! Lol!

Does trimming the oem hood include a way to reinforce the edges? I would think just lopping it off on the sides would weaken the hood...

The hood edge has a 90* bend around its circumference for added rigidity. If you could fashion a way to put that bend back after cutting, you shouldn't lose any structural integrity. It would be work. How much is a high line hood these days?

The hood edge has a 90* bend around its circumference for added rigidity. If you could fashion a way to put that bend back after cutting, you shouldn't lose any structural integrity. It would be work. How much is a high line hood these days?
I’m not thinking your cutting a ton off of it. They sell fiberglass ones on eBay...I know they are awful, but they are made for the highline kit and look identical. It’s gonna be a bit till I get the 35s and brakes so I’m just planning ahead at this point. Still going to try and source a genuine hood, but they are hard to find.

FYI, not to discourage you or anything, but silver, or any metallic/pearl base, can be a tricky color. Just because they say they are the same color as your jeep doesn't mean they will match exactly. Variations in the application of the basecoat can lighten or darken a metallic as the metallic flakes lay out on the substrate. Just a FYI.

BD171F42-A94A-4C68-BA15-B547671C58D5.png
FYI, not to discourage you or anything, but silver, or any metallic/pearl base, can be a tricky color. Just because they say they are the same color as your jeep doesn't mean they will match exactly. Variations in the application of the basecoat can lighten or darken a metallic as the metallic flakes lay out on the substrate. Just a FYI.
My long term is Nissan green lol. It’s a matte that I’m in love with. If the silver looks ok for now I’m fine with it.

Reactions: bobthetj03