2005 bright silver auto TJR

Well I have sourced a mopar rock crawler rear bumper. Pending pics, it will be a nice addition. PO had it powdercoated back to original finish. I hope it looks ok, because these are damn near impossible to find.

Anxiously waiting for pictures of this!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Jeep is looking great! Something about a Jeep with KM2 tires that just seems to go together well.

Any issues with performance loss due to the 33" tires and the auto tranny?

Jeep is looking great! Something about a Jeep with KM2 tires that just seems to go together well.

Any issues with performance loss due to the 33" tires and the auto tranny?
Honestly not really. Still the perfect wknd cruiser and I live in a relatively hilly area. They measure at 32.8" I think so a small 33". Happy I made the switch. 35s would kill it tho.

Honestly not really. Still the perfect wknd cruiser and I live in a relatively hilly area. They measure at 32.8" I think so a small 33". Happy I made the switch. 35s would kill it tho.
Mine has 265/75-16, and it is still fine, but I would hesitate to go up to a 285.

Not that I need another TJ, but if you ever sell yours, I'll probably be the guy who buys it... Haha

In all honesty what would a wrangler equipped like mine with the mileage fetch on the open market right now? I'm just curious...not looking to sell yet, but curious

Being that it's a super clean Rubicon, you'd get about 21-25k for it in my neck of the woods.

I paid 20k for my 2005 with 60k miles several years ago. It is as clean as yours, but that's just what they go for up here. It really does depend on the part of the country you're in, but the Pacific Northwest has some of the highest resale values on Jeep Wranglers of anywhere in the United States.

Probably because you don't have to worry about rust up here.

Being that it's a super clean Rubicon, you'd get about 21-25k for it in my neck of the woods.

I paid 20k for my 2005 with 60k miles several years ago. It is as clean as yours, but that's just what they go for up here. It really does depend on the part of the country you're in, but the Pacific Northwest has some of the highest resale values on Jeep Wranglers of anywhere in the United States.

Probably because you don't have to worry about rust up here.
Yea that's close to what I was thinking. Well when I'm ready to part ways and move on to the next project I'll let ya know hahahaha.

Reactions: Chris
Yea that's close to what I was thinking. Well when I'm ready to part ways and move on to the next project I'll let ya know hahahaha.

Yep, and obviously, selling in Summer probably will yield a better return than selling in Fall or Winter!

Sounds good to me :D

That fall and winter thing is regional too...of course a Wrangler is good resale anytime of the year. 4x4's sell like crazy around here just before snow flies.

Tonight I get home from work, and I received a text from the owner of the mopar rock crawler bumper that I soon will be the owner of. He has been flying cross country, and has been keeping me in the loop on when he will be back, and is supposed to send me pictures tomorrow of the bumper. He went on to tell me that he had an LJ that he planned on totally upfitting but the poor girl just wasn't in the best shape to put all the work into after all. Anyway this guy is selling the holy grail of jeep parts. AEV highline kit NIB with the hood, unlimited corner guards with run rail NIB, mopar black half doors new, mopar rock crawler front bumper, mopar rock crawler rear bumper. He has had all of these parts for a while now I guess and just decided to part with them. I'm glad he did! The highline kit and hood I think went for 4500 bucks. Would look great on a LJR with 37s. I'll be content with the rear bumper

Tonight I get home from work, and I received a text from the owner of the mopar rock crawler bumper that I soon will be the owner of. He has been flying cross country, and has been keeping me in the loop on when he will be back, and is supposed to send me pictures tomorrow of the bumper. He went on to tell me that he had an LJ that he planned on totally upfitting but the poor girl just wasn't in the best shape to put all the work into after all. Anyway this guy is selling the holy grail of jeep parts. AEV highline kit NIB with the hood, unlimited corner guards with run rail NIB, mopar black half doors new, mopar rock crawler front bumper, mopar rock crawler rear bumper. He has had all of these parts for a while now I guess and just decided to part with them. I'm glad he did! The highline kit and hood I think went for 4500 bucks. Would look great on a LJR with 37s. I'll be content with the rear bumper
I love those high line kits. He probably flipped all those parts at the perfect time. They are selling for an arm and a leg right now!

Reactions: Starrs

Anxious to see some bumper pics

Reactions: Starrs