2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ - $10500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be there too, just posted an hour ago it looks like. Did not see any frame pics but southern helps.

This is a nice looking Jeep, and this price seems too good to be true.

There is that low milage impact orange LJ Rubi available for $25k. The Rubi has more miles but is still low mileage. Is a $15k premium worth an upgraded transfer case, driveshaft, locker/axles? What else does a Rubi LJ have over a non-Rubi LJ other than that.

This LJ plus $15k of cash to spend seems like a much better deal. Grab some new axles, gears, lockers, tires and have brand new parts instead if 15 year old parts for the same price.

Screenshot_20200725-230459.jpg

Reactions: dvngdg
@Starrs we just bought it today :). It’s legit. Turns out the owner went to the same college my dad went too. Will be picking it up within the next two weeks and driving it back to Texas. We prefer red.... but they made half as many impact orange than red and the stock/low mileage did it for us. Also happy to be back in a 6 speed. We have the auto now. It’s not bad but miss the 6 speed we used to have.

15F0677E-1A3D-437D-8E63-A443C5F87A3A.jpeg

8772CE69-B8BB-4E70-A029-7FC6D6D31CF7.jpeg

D9460491-6F45-4141-B7D3-02ECCC5C67CE.jpeg

3281A193-B71C-440D-A5EE-CF66F4F159A6.jpeg

131DDB9C-6B4C-4415-9F23-DFD5025508E5.jpeg

The 6-speed is soooo much better than the auto. I don’t think I could ever go back to a 42RLE again.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
The 6-speed is soooo much better than the auto. I don’t think I could ever go back to a 42RLE again.
Agreed! After working on my uncles Jeep with the 6 speed I’ve been itching for another one. It’s so much better.

Will be taking the mopar front and rear bumper off our current LJR and swapping to the new one. Also just picked up some mopar rock rails that we are getting refinished currently that will go on this too.

Can’t wait to get everything swapped over and throw the AEV TJ bolt pattern pintlers on it too.

We don’t plan on lifting this one. If anything, we’ll just do the 1 inch body lift, MML, and flat skid with some really nice shocks and a little bit bigger tires. That might be a ways down the road though. Just want something we can travel long distance comfortably in and still hit a few trails. Will be getting our half doors repainted too

@Starrs we just bought it today :). It’s legit. Turns out the owner went to the same college my dad went too. Will be picking it up within the next two weeks and driving it back to Texas. We prefer red.... but they made half as many impact orange than red and the stock/low mileage did it for us. Also happy to be back in a 6 speed. We have the auto now. It’s not bad but miss the 6 speed we used to have.

View attachment 180776

View attachment 180777

View attachment 180778

View attachment 180779

View attachment 180780
well the LJR is not the most desirable vehicle in that room

the 1943 MB would be my first pick

I had never owned a 6-speed until my current TJ, and it’s amazing how great it is to drive. I don’t know why it gets such a bad rap, because I think it’s the perfect transmission for this vehicle. My 42RLE on the other hand was just not nearly as much fun to drive.

I like your plan. I would keep this one simple and clean. It’s a very nice specimen and not one I would want to beat on or overdo.

View attachment 180776

View attachment 180777

View attachment 180778

View attachment 180779

View attachment 180780
Of course you did haha. I was thinking about you the other day. Was wondering how your red LJ was doing? Now an impact orange. Mild will be good on this one

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
I had never owned a 6-speed until my current TJ, and it’s amazing how great it is to drive. I don’t know why it gets such a bad rap, because I think it’s the perfect transmission for this vehicle. My 42RLE on the other hand was just not nearly as much fun to drive.

I like your plan. I would keep this one simple and clean. It’s a very nice specimen and not one I would want to beat on or overdo.
Yeah I’d love to not lift it and just find a high fender kit. But that will be a ways down the road.

if we ever did lift it I’m just going to keep it simple and go with the OME kit with heavy duty springs.

Reactions: Chris
Congrats on the purchase. That one has been bugging me for a while and is local. I really don't want to spend over 20 on an LJR though. Ill just have to settle for more miles and a tad rougher.

Congrats on the purchase. That one has been bugging me for a while and is local. I really don't want to spend over 20 on an LJR though. Ill just have to settle for more miles and a tad rougher.
We really wanted one that is factory. The other on the market right now are in Wisconsin and Idaho and are rust buckets.

We received some really detailed photos and it turned out the guy went to the same college my dad went too. This being a 1 owner is nice too. So it met all of our requirements for the most part.

We are the 3rd owner of our current LJR. It’s nice but we prefer the 6 speed and someone already installed the Bestop tire carrier on the back of it. Nice to be able to start fresh with something that has no holes in the sheet metal other than what was already predrilled from the factory.

Reactions: skrelnik
Cool, glad you're happy with it. My last LJ had similar requirements, but was my first jeep and I only kept it for about a year before selling for a profit. I miss it a lot and am in the market again. Picked up a tj rubicon for a steal in the mean time, but it isn't a keeper by my standards.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Status
Not open for further replies.