2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 16k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two favorite vehicles of all time, the TJ and the fox body mustang. Both very pricey. I saw a very clean fox all original very low clicks for 50,000 the other day, Just crazy.

Reactions: Ron Hall and JMT
My two favorite vehicles of all time, the TJ and the fox body mustang. Both very pricey. I saw a very clean fox all original very low clicks for 50,000 the other day, Just crazy.

Funny, those are my two faves too. I'm guessing you had a Fox body Mustang at some time.

As far as Mustangs go my favorite of all time is the 2013 Boss 302. That Roadrunner engine is friggin’ sublime.

Funny, those are my two faves too. I'm guessing you had a Fox body Mustang at some time.

I actually have not. Have driven 5 or 6 of them over the years, Several good friends of mine have owned them over the years. Honestly a very fun car regardless of metrics. I have always religiously checked them out on autotrader, have looked at a bunch over the years and never pulled the trigger. I feel like at this point I may never own one. I have the money, but I don't want to over pay for one, and have three vehicles already. You have good taste JMT!

Reactions: JMT
I've owned 4 Mustangs. I don't have a photo of the 1980 Grey one. And I think the only photo of the 81 is this (after I flipped it upside down) 🥲
80 6Cyl with Auto
81 4Cyl with a stick
82 5.0 HO with 4 Speed Stick
90 5.0 GT with 5 Speed Stick

81 Mustang.jpg

82 Mustang.jpg

90 Mustang.jpg

As far as Mustangs go my favorite of all time is the 2013 Boss 302. That Roadrunner engine is friggin’ sublime.

What's special about it compared to the newer Mustang engines? Just curious.

They took the standard Coyote V8 used forged internals in the bottom end, added CNC ported heads, an improved cam, and a 8000 RPM redline (the standard Coyote in the GT revs to 6500 RPM).

Couple that with Recaro seats, a 3.73 limited slip rear end, tuned suspension, and the best sounding side exit exhausts you may ever hear on a V8 (the regular GT does not have side exist exhausts).

This makes for arguably one of the most fun to drive Mustangs ever made. It revs so high and is so damn smooth that it feels more sports car than muscle car. In addition, it handles so good that you’ll be shocked when you look under there and see a solid rear axle.

The Shelby’s are fun cars but the Boss 302 is the best kept secret. Truly fun cars that will have you wondering if it really is a Mustang.

Give this a read if you're bored and have a chance:

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/m5lp-1108-2011-ford-mustang-302/

That explains it much better than I can. The Boss 302 is a very, very cool Mustang with a lot of exclusive stuff, most people just don't realize it.

What's even better is that when you drive a Boss 302 back-to-back with a standard Mustang GT, they almost feel like entirely different cars, really.

The Ford Performance team gave the Boss 302 such a good work over that it feels like it belongs in the league of European sports cars (i.e. Porsche, etc.).

Give this a read if you're bored and have a chance:

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/m5lp-1108-2011-ford-mustang-302/

That explains it much better than I can. The Boss 302 is a very, very cool Mustang with a lot of exclusive stuff, most people just don't realize it.

What's even better is that when you drive a Boss 302 back-to-back with a standard Mustang GT, they almost feel like entirely different cars, really.

The Ford Performance team gave the Boss 302 such a good work over that it feels like it belongs in the league of European sports cars (i.e. Porsche, etc.).

Thanks, I'll give it a read.

Reactions: Chris
Fox body is my favorite. I've owned numerous ones.
1982 Mustang GT
!988 Saleen Mustang #62(Ithink)
1990 Mustang 5.0 LX convertible
1992 Mustang LX convertible
My favorite was my 1980 Coupe.

View attachment 339067

I see a Saleen there. Those were my dream car! The 88 was the second year of that particular body, which was my favorite. I’d love to find some pics of the 87 and 92 I had. The 80 Coupe, what engine? IIRC some of them were SVT and had a turbocharged 4-cylinder.

I see a Saleen there. Those were my dream car! The 88 was the second year of that particular body, which was my favorite. I’d love to find some pics of the 87 and 92 I had. The 80 Coupe, what engine? IIRC some of them were SVT and had a turbocharged 4-cylinder.

The 80 Coupe had a 331 ci engine built with a Ford Motorsport block. All forged internals, Brodix Track 1 heads. I had a ton of $$$ into the motor alone.
After blowing apart a couple World Class 5 speeds and a Tremec, I installed a Jerico 4 speed. The car hooked great and would run 9.80's all day long.
The one car I regret getting rid of.

1656207949542.jpeg

1656207970577.jpeg

1656207994955-jpeg.339129

1656208063698.jpeg

1656208090821.jpeg

1656207994955.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: JMT
Status
Not open for further replies.