2005 LJ Hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camdenst

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey gang... I have come to terms about selling the hardtop off my Unlimited Rubi Sahara. The only reason I would hang on to it is because it’s a khaki lj top and that they don’t make them. It’s in great shape and everything still works. I’m not sure of a price and was hoping you guys could help. I’ve seen some as high as 2k.

855BCB98-A7DB-4DE5-9502-D9304A21026C.jpeg

DA5888DB-EB86-4816-A0A2-4C5E569EE47A.jpeg

71640444-1015-401A-BF45-844C129F41A8.jpeg

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I’m not trying to talk you out of selling that beauty, but that’s about as rare as they get. I would command a kings ransom and throw in a human foot for that hahaha. That looks beautiful, and if you ever intend to sell that saharican you will get a lot more with the hard top attached to it. Just my 0.2. But if you must sell 2500 atleast I would think.

I completely get it, it’s #711.

A brief backstory... my previous tj went 10ys with the soft top alone, the hardtop was sold after a few years. It sat through rain snow and hailstorms no problems. Now I have a garage and with that being said the hardtop would just hang in the garage not ever being used. I also held out for the unlimited rubicon because my mindset of never needing another. The Sahara rubi just fell into my lap.

Reactions: RoscoeJack
I completely get it, it’s #711.

A brief backstory... my previous tj went 10ys with the soft top alone, the hardtop was sold after a few years. It sat through rain snow and hailstorms no problems. Now I have a garage and with that being said the hardtop would just hang in the garage not ever being used.
I get it l, as I prefer a soft top the majority of the time as well and I have come to realize I just don’t have the space for one. That being said I don’t own a saharicon either lol.

Hey gang... I have come to terms about selling the hardtop off my Unlimited Rubi Sahara. The only reason I would hang on to it is because it’s a khaki lj top and that they don’t make them. It’s in great shape and everything still works. I’m not sure of a price and was hoping you guys could help. I’ve seen some as high as 2k.

As an LJ Owner who spent a couple years looking for a hardtop, the cheapest I found that was not gashed, missing pieces or had a cracked window, was around $1,500. There have been a few for sale on Daveys Jeeps around that price, whereas Ebay has them offered up to $2.5k.

The buy price I was willing to pay was $1.2k for the OEM hardtop. Another factor is your location, where are you located? If you want to sell it I would start at $1,600.

Another option too is go the Ebay route and set your reserve at those prices above. A guy I know posted a khaki hardtop on eBay and a bidding war broke out and he ended up getting $1800 for it.

Reactions: skrelnik
im confused, is the grey hardtop from a Rubicon Sahara different than the grey hardtop from a regular khaki LJ Rubicon??

Pretty sure it’s the same. It’s just the idea of selling an LJ hard top of that particular vehicle. The selling price with the hard top would fetch a lot more than without.

yea. where ever you sell it, try to market that then. I honestly dont know much about the value the rubihara brings to a hardtop but i see them being sold for around $1000-1500 grey and black alike; however, they are not from a rubihara.

The hardtop is officially for sale... I will realistically never use it and I know there are people out there that will. PM if interested. It’s off an 05 rubihara, great condition, tinted glass and everything works.

748ED16C-FDDF-4E97-A596-72705F130652.jpeg

Do you still have the lj hardtop and is it still for sale. If so how much and where is it located so I would know how far I had to drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.