2005 LJ on 35s: going the distance

So a few things...

Engine is in.

A 93 Ford 5.0 Hayden HD fan clutch fits the 2001 prior tj water pump. Also the 5.0 10 blade fan fits like a charm

Down side.... upon start up things ran great.... then a tick became apparent.. all at the end of the shop day... so now we wait till monday to see what the issue is.

Nooooooooo

00f33606b2fafc580301c9f2043494fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
well the engine is running like crap.... there is a loud ticking that wasn't there before... yes a new one.... fixed the old one with a aluminum valve cover. but that tick is second on the list

the engine has no balls. its gutless..... there is a miss on Cyl 5 and 3. while investigating there is a bad connection between the injector and harness.

I Screwed up and ordered 8772408 (AFIS 24lb injectors with EV1 connector) when i should have ordered the 8782408 (EV6 connector)... Initially i just bought a pigtail connector to make the conversion. The EV1 part of the connector isn't locking in and are very loose. I think this is part of my issue. During my investigation for a new connector i found a piece of info leading me to believe Ford and Chevy EV6 connectors aren't the same as the Chrysler EV6 connector. is there any weight to this? i really don't want to have to buy new injectors but finding a Chrysler EV6 connector to EV1 injector has been a chore.

please tell me i a way i dont have to spend 400 bones on new injectors.

i'm sick to my stomach... help

You definitely need bigger injectors with the striker from what I hear.

Was this engine a brand new crate engine or did you build it yourself?

i think i narrowed down an issue with why the engine is running like crap. i'm suspecting that the timing chain might have been installed incorrectly and the cam is advanced way too far forward.

intake center line is 107
Lobe Sep:113
Intake duration: 254
Exhaust duration: 262

if by some chance the timing chain is off by a tooth (or 2) and/or the rollmaster timing chain is advanced at all it would explain the shitty sound.

question.... how far advanced can this cam be before things run like crap? thoughts?

fun story..... engine was running horrible and making a sound that was similar to that of a cummins 12 valve. dropped the pan to see what was going on to find that the piston in cyl 1 could be moved by hand......

engine is pulled and back at the machine shop.... yay.

That one is listed as only for the 4.2L, will it still work in the later 4.0L?

Oh wow... that was an old post. I cancelled that order a long time ago and never went through with it, so I can't answer that with any certainty.