• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

2005 Project TJ

OP
Daz7

Daz7

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
4 years later, the TJ needs a bit of work. So decided to do some more upgrades/maintenance and document it on youtube.

In the end, I'm hoping to build a reliable touring TJ to tow a small camper that can also mix it on weekend club trips.

[YOUTUBE]

Reactions: derekmac

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Feb 27, 2017
Texas Hill Country
I like the AEV wheels too. When I replace my DC-2’s I’ll likely try the Quadratec Rubicon’s in gunmetal. Closest thing I’ve seen to the AEV’s

glwood

Jeep # 13
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Was really lucky with them, couldn't find any in the US, and just luckily came across a set that a local retailer had in stock.
Are the AEV wheels the 17" Pintlers with the JK lug spacing? I know AEV made Bridger wheels for the TJ for a while, and they were similar to the Pintlers, but they stopped making those years ago. But who knows what was offered down under...;)

Last edited:
OP
Daz7

Daz7

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Are the AEV wheels the 17" Pintlers with the JK lug spacing? I know AEV made Bridger wheels for the TJ for a while, and they were similar to the Pintlers, but they stopped making those years ago. But who knows what was offered down under...;)
These are the TJ specific 17x8.5" Pintlers, AEV discontinued production of them in 2012.
The Bridger rims were a 16" sizing.

Reactions: Chris
OP
Daz7

Daz7

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Wasn't planning this one, but had the heater core finally start spewing coolant into the cabin. I've bypassed the heater whilst I collect parts, and get the time to pull the dash out to replace the leaking core.

Reactions: piratemonkey
OP
Daz7

Daz7

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
FWIW, If you're going that way, I'd just be removing the Aircon stuff under the hood. All that's in the cabin is the core, in the heater box. Hardly worth the effort.

Jordentlong

Hey guys,

Foolishly let go of my last TJ (4.5"RE, 33's with 4.57's and ARB lockers)

View attachment 25951

So after my mum passing, and being left her 2005 TJ we did a few upgrades and just enjoyed the car. 2.5" OME HD LIFT, AEV Rims, 32" KM2's, Metalcloak front bar and ARB rear bar.

View attachment 25952
I love jeeps.. they have been in the family since I was born.. I recently had my own project and here is the result.. a 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sahara...