2005 Project TJ

A574B41C-8139-4704-9DA9-B5DECEC78F10.png
AD11AB22-8FC5-4E0F-9FCB-CBF42711E115.jpeg
I love jeeps.. they have been in the family since I was born.. I recently had my own project and here is the result.. a 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sahara...
F935A97E-16C5-4FBE-94C3-6F569F8FE425.jpeg

Reactions: JLLJ and Squatch
Top looks nice.

Couple of questions Daz.

Firstly, where does your temp gauge sit at normal operating temperature?
and
What's your camera setup?

Cheers mate.

Temp sits a smidge over half. Never moves.

My radiator is on the way out though (is starting to ooze coolant at the join of the top tank). So gathering parts, got most from Rockauto just need to source some radiator hoses currently.

My main Camera is a Canon 200D with a EF-S 24mm STM Pancake lens and a Rode VideoMic GO. Also have a GoPro 5 that I've just picked up at the sales. I'm trying to keep the camera stuff relatively cheap, although at some point I'll get a drone when we start doing trips.

Reactions: piratemonkey
This week we're spacing out the spare wheel rubber buffers and installing an AEV JK 3rd brake light kit to Project TJ, In the process giving a much cleaner look to the rear of the Jeep with the removal of the OEM 3rd brake light.

My GF and I watched this video Sunday night...I got some cool points when I mentioned I knew you from a jeep forum lol ;)

Hey @Daz7, could you do me a huge favor? What is the diameter of that center hole of the AEV CHSML 3rd brake light? My new tire carrier does not play well with my current setup :).

Sorry about the delay, haven't pulled off the spare to check, but this is the bracket template from AEV (seems they use the same bracket for their rear vision camera setup also). This may help if anyone is going to make a bracket also ;)

Looks like the centre hole is around 2" (50mm).

aev_camera_bracket_template.jpg

I've never heard of that type of cancer before in my life... wow, that must be rare.

I have a decent idea what you're going through. My Dad was diagnosed with Stage IV neck and throat cancer several years ago. He had chemo, radiation, and surgery to remove part of his tongue. He was finally able to get into an immunotherapy trial, which somehow completely cured his cancer. The problem is that he will never recover from the chemo and radiation, which has made his quality of life very, very bad. So while he's still alive, he's never going to be the same.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I honestly can't even imagine... I actually choked up while watching your video. Had to fight back some tears myself!

It sounds like she died a happy woman, and her memory will live on with you.