2005 Rocky Mountain Edition with 53,000 miles

The "a couple of days" is what I was afraid of
Just call Tom Wood. They’ll be able to guide you. Better yet…
Ok. Tom Woods it is but I have prolly my biggest question on doing this whole project so far.

This is my daily driver. I'm going to install everything myself. SYE don't scare me I've seen the videos how tos.

However I'm not sure how to plan the timing of taking the transfer case off. Splitting it open. Installing the new SYE. Re installing the transfer case. Then measuring for the new drive shaft. Getting that ordered. Then delivered. Then installed. And back on the road again.
Calling @Shawn at Tom Wood's. Read this post and the couple above. You’ll have a better answer for this guy.

Any coupon codes for JB Conversions?

NP231J HD SUPER SHORT SYE

Part #16-1201-1945 — $375.00 (w/1310 CV Yoke)

$424.91 after shipping

NM there's not even a spot to put one in.

Got one of those on the way now.

Last edited:
Still need to order a slip yoke eliminator from JB conversions
a double cardan driveshaft from Tom Woods (or Adams? haven't decided yet)
5 Pro Comp 15x8 (or 10?) 1069 wheels
5 BFG K02 33x10.50r15 tires

My vote is to keep the ravine wheels if you are going to run 33x10.50 tires. They are a great looking wheel and look especially nice on your red Jeep. Here is a picture of mine with spidertrax 1.25 spacers. I have plenty of room with this setup.
9D2C00ED-137C-40D5-B8E1-0F2B70791ACE.png

Your setup does look nice. I think those 69 series wheels are just a nice classic Jeep wheel look. Now i have to add those spacers to the list lol.

But that would save me about $750 to put towards something else

Last edited:
Reactions: HornedToad
Your setup does look nice. I think those 69 series wheels are just a nice classic Jeep wheel look. Now i have to add those spacers to the list lol.

But that would save me about $750 to put towards something else
Like Savvy rockers and sliders if they ever come into stock again.

Are you local? I didn't even know super winch was a thing. They have some interesting price points. Are they legit? Is there a reason why I never heard of em?

Ok. Tom Woods it is but I have prolly my biggest question on doing this whole project so far.

This is my daily driver. I'm going to install everything myself. SYE don't scare me I've seen the videos how tos.

However I'm not sure how to plan the timing of taking the transfer case off. Splitting it open. Installing the new SYE. Re installing the transfer case. Then measuring for the new drive shaft. Getting that ordered. Then delivered. Then installed. And back on the road again.
You don't need to install the SYE first. You can measure the Jeep the way things are now and order the SYE and drive shaft all at once. See the photo below. We also have this photo amongst the product photos on the TJ double cardan rear drive shaft page on our website.

tj rear sye not installed.png

Build time will typically be one day on a drive shaft, you order one day, we ship the next. Exceptions to this might be Mondays because we get a ton of overflow orders from the weekend. Or if you place the order after 5:00 pm mountain time, in which case we don't really get the order into our system until the following business day. If we end up with a full list on Monday afternoon which is pretty typical or if you order after 5:00 pm any other day, the order will roll over into a 2 business day build time. Once we build and ship it you can find transit times here https://4xshaft.com/policies/shipping-policy.

But again, you can order the drive shaft before installing the SYE so there's no reason you need to have any extra down time.

You don't need to install the SYE first. You can measure the Jeep the way things are now and order the SYE and drive shaft all at once. See the photo below. We also have this photo amongst the product photos on the TJ double cardan rear drive shaft page on our website.

View attachment 332393

Build time will typically be one day on a drive shaft, you order one day, we ship the next. Exceptions to this might be Mondays because we get a ton of overflow orders from the weekend. Or if you place the order after 5:00 pm mountain time, in which case we don't really get the order into our system until the following business day. If we end up with a full list on Monday afternoon which is pretty typical or if you order after 5:00 pm any other day, the order will roll over into a 2 business day build time. Once we build and ship it you can find transit times here https://4xshaft.com/policies/shipping-policy.

But again, you can order the drive shaft before installing the SYE so there's no reason you need to have any extra down time.
Thank you for the response. I already pulled the trigger and ordered a NP231J HD Super Short SYE from JB. But I will be ordering a driveshaft from you once I know the measurement.

That said. Does anybody know how much to take off for JB's SSSYE measuring the vehicle before it's installed?

It says
  • 3.125" SHORTER THAN OTHER HD SYE KITS ON THE MARKET
can I trust to take off 6.125" from vehicle measurement?

Thank you for the response. I already pulled the trigger and ordered a NP231J HD Super Short SYE from JB. But I will be ordering a driveshaft from you once I know the measurement.

That said. Does anybody know how much to take off for JB's SSSYE measuring the vehicle before it's installed?

It says
  • 3.125" SHORTER THAN OTHER HD SYE KITS ON THE MARKET
can I trust to take off 6.125" from vehicle measurement?
Assuming you ordered that with the 1310 series yoke option you'd add that 3.125" back into the subtracted length. Or a maybe less confusing way to say it is that you add 0.125" to the measurement instead of subtracting the 3". If that is still confusing (it is) in the photo above the standard SYE puts the edge of the new output yoke 3" to the right of the line where you measure. With the JB Super Short the edge of the new output yoke will be 0.125" to the left of where the line where you measure.

• Love
Reactions: JMT and R3ID05TJ
Assuming you ordered that with the 1310 series yoke option you'd add that 3.125" back into the subtracted length. Or a maybe less confusing way to say it is that you add 0.125" to the measurement instead of subtracting the 3". If that is still confusing (it is) in the photo above the standard SYE puts the edge of the new output yoke 3" to the right of the line where you measure. With the JB Super Short the edge of the new output yoke will be 0.125" to the left of where the line where you measure.

Bingo that answers my question. So I go outside and measure vehicle right now and add 1/8" to the measurement. Then I'll go ahead and get the DC ordered today.

Reactions: Shawn at Tom Wood's
Yes. By the way, there is some room for error with all of this. I am confident that this process will result in a perfect fit but if it happens to be off by .5" the shaft will still fit and function the way it supposed to.

Excellent. Ordering now. Thank you for the top notch customer service.

These came in today. CE 9100AS. Tom Woods driveshaft coming in tomorrow. Still crickets from JB with the SSSYE
IMG_20220525_143916.jpg
IMG_20220525_143733.jpg

IMG_20220525_143727.jpg

Still got wheels and tires to order. An anti rock sway bar. What else am I missing?

This came in today. Holy smokes it's nice. And stickers EVERYWHERE.

IMG_20220526_145008.jpg

Still crickets from JB. I'll reach out tomorrow will be 4 days since order.

In-laws come in this weekend for a week so it'll be awhile before I can even start to plan on tearing into the Jeep.

Ok does anybody know any status updates with what's going on with JB? I guess I'll put another inquiry in tomorrow. Ordered a SSSYE on the 22nd and called a couple days later with no answer then left an email asking for any status updates on the order last Friday. Still haven't heard anything from anybody.

I'm not in a hurry for it. Im going to Texas to work Sunday for possibly a month but hopefully not. I still have to order wheels and tires and whatever else I need before I get started on anything.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
LOL had a UPS guy attempt to deliver the SSSYE today. Naturally nobody was home. So I got the post it note saying "sorry we missed you" "your package will be delivered the next delivery day" which is Monday.

1. Didn't know the SSSYE shipped.
2. Never got any tracking info on it.
3. Didn't know I would have to sign for it.
4. I'm leaving Sunday to Texas for possibly a month.
5. Trying to track it down so I can pick it up myself today.
6. There's an option to have it delivered to the UPS store so I can pick it up, but I don't know what the timing on that looks like if it will be there today, or tomorrow, or Monday.
7. UPS robot customer service line SUCKS
7.5 Cleaning ladies were here when the UPS guy showed up and they wouldn't sign for the package. FFFFFIRED

• Sad
Reactions: Irun
LOL had a UPS guy attempt to deliver the SSSYE today. Naturally nobody was home. So I got the post it note saying "sorry we missed you" "your package will be delivered the next delivery day" which is Monday.

1. Didn't know the SSSYE shipped.
2. Never got any tracking info on it.
3. Didn't know I would have to sign for it.
4. I'm leaving Sunday to Texas for possibly a month.
5. Trying to track it down so I can pick it up myself today.
6. There's an option to have it delivered to the UPS store so I can pick it up, but I don't know what the timing on that looks like if it will be there today, or tomorrow, or Monday.
7. UPS robot customer service line SUCKS

I really hate it when this happens. On the plus side, the part is near you! ;)

• Angry
Reactions: R3ID05TJ