2005 Rubicon; A Rubi Brother

Awesome! How ya like it ?
Loving it. New tires are going on right now. Had some E load MT tires that had almost no tread left that absolutely screamed and killed the ride quality. It still rides really good but these new C range Coopers will be really nice. 1st gear with the 4:1 is just crazy to me.

You have to understand, all me and @Hog would hear is, Jamison C did this like me, Jamison C called and ask what I thought about his new Mod, Jamison C, Jamison C....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I think it’s too late it’s already gotten to his head 🤣 You and @Hog should just twin you with us!

All the Jeeps I saw in Sedona looked like this. You have alot painting to make it Pink!

View attachment 280027
Hey that’s @DaveC Jeep!!!

New tires went on today. Cooper Discoverer AT3 LTs in a 265/75r16. These things are unbelievably quiet and smooth, almost silent. Very noticeable improvement from the original MTs.
31943B8E-6844-40C5-B3B6-84E4EADD4CA2.jpeg

New tires went on today. Cooper Discoverer AT3 LTs in a 265/75r16. These things are unbelievably quiet and smooth, almost silent. Very noticeable improvement from the original MTs.
View attachment 280142
See @AndyG he didn't get Andy tires he got Coopers!!!!! I am liking Jamison C more every day!!!!!

Pfft RubiBro's, he even said his tires were unbelievably quite, smooth, silent, not at all like @AndyG :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and Jamison C
See @AndyG he didn't get Andy tires he got Coopers!!!!! I am liking Jamison C more every day!!!!!

Pfft RubiBro's, he even said his tires were unbelievably quite, smooth, silent, not at all like @AndyG :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You’re going to feel real bad when he shows up at Estillfork With some big mud tires and five :) face light covers🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Thanks everyone! White hides the scratches best. It is a 6-speed and it’s very weird learning the ratios after having two other Jeeps with the five speed. First gear with the 4:1 reduction is absolutely ludicrous.

Unsure about plans for this one. Tires are almost dead so I’ve already ordered new 265/75r16 tires (Cooper AT3 LTs) and a 2” BB just to get by for now. 4.10s will be low enough for the 32s as well.

I’m going to get a Savvy BL just on the chance I decide to tuck, and that will also gain me roughly 3.25” net lift for the 32s. I also have a set of Savvy control arms for the rear to tweak pinion angles if I go that route. If I do tuck, I’ll start a build thread because by then I’ll be past the point of no return. I really wanted an auto but this one was too good to pass up. I’ll figure out a way to swap one in in the future if I get that far with it.
Just start out in second gear, the 4.0 has more than enough power for it. I almost never use 1st gear on the road.

Reactions: Jamison C
Just start out in second gear, the 4.0 has more than enough power for it. I almost never use 1st gear on the road.
I always started in 2nd even in my other rigs. They were geared low enough that 1st was exclusively off road. I was on the highway yesterday and it was doing 80 easy with the 4:10s and 32s.

It's always fun to wrench on a Jeep, isn't that why we buy them?? You know to take up all our free time one way or another!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The Jeep has a 2” budget boost already installed, but for whatever reason the coil isolators did not make it back on. I ordered a couple of Moog replacements to help level out the rake in the front. Amazing what a difference the extra 3/4” of clearance makes.
26A904C6-87E3-4A1B-960E-042DD0A177BE.jpeg

AC885939-0B98-48FE-B4F8-A4A023E87950.jpeg

Dropping the axle was easy. Trying to make it all line up again was a different story 🤣
7E123373-6CB6-40A6-9DC5-A8CB2D2A06F7.jpeg

As I also suspected, my shocks are all blown, so those will need a refresh at some point. I already knew the steering stabilizer was done, so I have a new one I will be installing tomorrow, along with an Antirock, a 1.25” body lift, 1” motor mount lift, and a speedo healer for the 32” tires. Stay tuned for pictures!