2005 Rubicon Build TJ

dieselvrr

TJ Enthusiast
I was able to pick up an 05 TJ Rubicon, auto tranny with 78k miles. Garage kept with A/C, no rust amazing shape. Been building the last 2 months. Here is a short list of things I've installed or waiting to install: I'll update thread as I keep going.
  • 3.5 inch Metalcloak Lift with Rocksport shocks
  • Tom Wood Double CV Shaft
  • Mickey Thompson 15" Sidebiter II Rims
  • Mickey Thompson 33x12.5x15 Baja ATZP3
  • Dirtworx Front w/ Winch plate and Rear Bumpers
  • Moreryde Tire Carrier/Hinges
  • Superwinch EXP 10si
  • B&M 70264 Trans Cooler
  • Bushwacker 6" Flat Fenders
  • Delta lug nut lights
  • Spiderweb shade
Stock
ADPvSiV.jpg

TW Shaft
59qatRD.jpg

Started on Lift Install. Wasnt too bad since there wasnt any rust. Drilling coil spring perch sucked.
QOo8YFn.jpg

sNv2iRA.jpg

Front End installed
YXGewUv.jpg

Lift, Wheels, Tires and Drive Shaft
bWGqOB0.jpg

With Flat Fenders
wKy7PxV.jpg

Very nice TJR and similar to mine (I have a '05 black Rubicon). Nice build as well, looking forward to reading more. How difficult was the MORERYDE hinge install?

I have always liked the dark blue color. I ended up with black and grew to like it but always wish I could have gotten that dark army green or blue or khaki.

Towed? It was my in-laws so probably 2000 miles that I know of. The Morryde is a great product but the install sucked because the instructions were terrible. They just dump a bunch of parts on you and give you 2 printed pages of crappy instructions. Took a lot longer than it should have trying to make sure you were using all the right screws and parts.

Definitely looks sharp. That's such a classy color!

Odd that you had that experience with the MORryde. I have it as well, and it was so easy to install I didn't even need the instructions. Probably one of the simplest installs I've done on my TJ in a while.

Reactions: JMT
Definitely looks sharp. That's such a classy color!

Odd that you had that experience with the MORryde. I have it as well, and it was so easy to install I didn't even need the instructions. Probably one of the simplest installs I've done on my TJ in a while.
Ha...maybe I'm just slow.

Reactions: Chris
You scored man .

I met one that color , lifted with a gray hard top and aluminum wheels on the highway recently, sharpest tj I have seen in a long time .

Love it .

Reactions: dieselvrr
Wow. Super clean build! I was thinking about getting the same lift for my tjr. How do you like it?

Thanks. I dont have another lift kit to compare it with but so far on the road, its nice. Install wasn't too bad. Hardest part was drilling the coil spring perches for the bump stop kit. Everything else was pretty much bolt on. Adjusting pinon angles, alignments etc.. took sometime to get dialed in.

Are you me? :) I just placed an order for Dirtworx bumpers front and back yesterday! Good choice :D

Awesome. I'm not usually a fan of stinger type bumpers but the Dirtworx is done in a nice way. Got the integrated winch plate built as well. Hopefully done painting this week for mounting.

Awesome. I'm not usually a fan of stinger type bumpers but the Dirtworx is done in a nice way. Got the integrated winch plate built as well. Hopefully done painting this week for mounting.

I ordered the fronts plain like the back, without the hoop. Do let us know how you like the bumpers. I am hoping I can get them primed and painted in my garage weather permitting.

I ordered the fronts plain like the back, without the hoop. Do let us know how you like the bumpers. I am hoping I can get them primed and painted in my garage weather permitting.
I didn't think about ordering the front without the loop. That should be pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Motorstroker