2005 TJ 4.0 with P0340 code

pcowan

Appreciate any help. My 05 TJ 4.0 keeps throwing a P0340 code. I have changed out the ODPA with a Crown replacement, sourced an original Camshaft Position Sensor, reflashed my PCM then replaced the PCM. Just got it back from the shop and 24 hours later it threw the code again. What am I and 3 mechanic shops missing? It drives fine, just goes into limp mode at 2,500 RPM.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Has this TSB been performed?

Attachments

• bbba95e3-142c-40b3-b9b3-f73bf0acf75f_Engine_Controls_-_MIL_ON_DTC's_P0340_P0344_Set_(Powertrai...pdf
    171.3 KB · Views: 176
Yes at the dealership. The codes tripped on the way home...
Daryl, link has part of your problem right. Your PCM should have the latest updates, most PCM rebuilder, like WranglerFix, are using the updated program. Your are also in luck because you have a 6speed thus TCM won't require a relearn. The crank and cam sensors will need to be synced and then a cam crank sensor relearn done.

A shop with the right bi-directional scam tool can do this for you. Problem is that most shops have Snap-on scan tools and they don't have the relearn function. Find a shop with a Autel or Zurick ZRPRO tool.

Good idea to stay away from the stealerships, they rob you trying to up sell you thing you don't need.

Thanks! I actually replaced the PCM with WranglerFix unit. I will start my search for a shop with those scan tools on first thing tomorrow.

Thanks! I actually replaced the PCM with WranglerFix unit. I will start my search for a shop with those scan tools on first thing tomorrow.
[/Q
If you had a automatic and replaced the PCM you would also need the TCM relearns done.