2005 TJ 4.0

jordans05tj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've always wanted a Jeep and I was looking for the right one for a long time. I really wanted (and still do want) an LJ, but I found this 2005 TJ in early March 2019. It had just under 110,000 miles and it was extremely clean inside and out. The first picture is the day I went to look at it, I talked with the owner and decided it was the one for me. I got a good deal I feel like at $8000, and the second picture is the day I took it home. I hit 110k miles on the way. I changed out the front bumper, got new wheels, removed the step up bars, got a Bestop Trektop NX, changed out the ugly fender flares and that's how she sits in the last two pictures. I've done the radio and put in JL speakers, I've done the requisite OPDA swap, and a long list of other things to it. I'll probably keep it like it is and just enjoy the Jeep life, and once I'm done in college and off to the real world I'll probably look for an LJ to build. So far the Jeep community has been great to me and I look forward to a lifetime of Jeeping 🤙

IMG-2154.JPG

IMG-2175.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

Yep, I would say for 8k it looks like you got a very clean, nice TJ!

Got anymore plans for it?

WOW for $8k looks like a good deal, very clean
That's what I thought too, the girl that had it had no idea what she was sitting on. Whenever I start looking for an LJ I think I can definitely get my money back from this one assuming I can't afford both 🤔 I like the fenders and the half doors you have on your Jeep. I'm keeping an eye out for half doors for sale and I'm looking into poison spyder or metalcloak fenders when I start building

Reactions: DrDmoney
Yep, I would say for 8k it looks like you got a very clean, nice TJ!

Got anymore plans for it?
I'm probably gonna leave this one stock-ish and look for an LJ to build. I'd like to keep this one, but my dad told me he'd buy it so I could keep it close if I can't afford both. I need to upgrade the headlights somehow and I'll need some new tires soon but past that it'll just be my daily for a while

That's what I thought too, the girl that had it had no idea what she was sitting on. Whenever I start looking for an LJ I think I can definitely get my money back from this one assuming I can't afford both 🤔 I like the fenders and the half doors you have on your Jeep. I'm keeping an eye out for half doors for sale and I'm looking into poison spyder or metalcloak fenders when I start building
Half doors are great fro summer, just keep a look out on CL try this link to CL https://www.searchtempest.com/
it will allow you to search several areas at one time. I also think there maybe a way to get an notice when some pop-up like eBay does

I'm probably gonna leave this one stock-ish and look for an LJ to build. I'd like to keep this one, but my dad told me he'd buy it so I could keep it close if I can't afford both. I need to upgrade the headlights somehow and I'll need some new tires soon but past that it'll just be my daily for a while

I don't blame you, having been down a rabbit hole of a build that cost me well over 60k on my last TJ, the next time around I'm inclined to keep it much more mild and closer to stock. And yes, if you could find an LJ to build, that would of course be a great path to take.

If you are interested in headlight upgrades, this thread is worth checking out: Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

Half doors are great fro summer, just keep a look out on CL try this link to CL https://www.searchtempest.com/
it will allow you to search several areas at one time. I also think there maybe a way to get an notice when some pop-up like eBay does
Thanks for the tip that helps a bunch. Already found some using that so maybe I can make something work 🤙

I don't blame you, having been down a rabbit hole of a build that cost me well over 60k on my last TJ, the next time around I'm inclined to keep it much more mild and closer to stock. And yes, if you could find an LJ to build, that would of course be a great path to take.

If you are interested in headlight upgrades, this thread is worth checking out: Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options
60k?! I knew they could get expensive but damn😱 I love the LJ looks, it's a guaranteed Dana 44, extra space and towing... they're just better every way it seems like lol. I'll check that thread out, thanks a bunch. I'm looking forward to being more involved in the Jeep community

Reactions: DrDmoney
60k?! I knew they could get expensive but damn😱 I love the LJ looks, it's a guaranteed Dana 44, extra space and towing... they're just better every way it seems like lol. I'll check that thread out, thanks a bunch. I'm looking forward to being more involved in the Jeep community

Oh yes, if you want to throw nothing but top-shelf parts at it and start getting into cutting and welding, it adds up really fast, that's for sure.

No problem at all, that thread (among many others in the resources section) are very useful indeed. Glad to have you here, you're definitely in the right place!

Oh yes, if you want to throw nothing but top-shelf parts at it and start getting into cutting and welding, it adds up really fast, that's for sure.

No problem at all, that thread (among many others in the resources section) are very useful indeed. Glad to have you here, you're definitely in the right place!
I'd like to throw a Carbon Offroad Dana 44/Dana 60 combo under whichever Jeep I build but I'll probably stick with a good bolt on lift like Currie or maybe Metalcloak. That will probably add up to about $15k or so for those two alone, then I'd like to run 37's and then all the fun stuff that involves which will probably make this an expensive process 😬

I'd like to throw a Carbon Offroad Dana 44/Dana 60 combo under whichever Jeep I build but I'll probably stick with a good bolt on lift like Currie or maybe Metalcloak. That will probably add up to about $15k or so for those two alone, then I'd like to run 37's and then all the fun stuff that involves which will probably make this an expensive process 😬

And at that point you'd be silly not to throw coilovers on it (among other things)... so up goes the cost, haha!