2005 TJ died and now it won't start

If the engine doesn’t crank or turn over when you turn the key in the ignition. I would start there!

Sounds like you have a bad connection to the battery or the vehicle. Like a bad ground or positive wiire.

There is a wiring harness that provides power and communication voltage between the ECU and the various sensors. The harness is routed behind the valve cover and around a threaded head stud. The split wire loom and harness wiring and known to come in contact with the threaded head stud wearing thru the slit wire loom and harness wiring insulation. The will allow the bare copper wiring to short to ground interrupting voltages and communication between the ECU and sensors.
Check the split wire loom and harness wiring thoroughly.

Valve cover harness head stud rub thru.JPG

I'm back up and running...and I have a spare ECM to boot. I found that the 20A fuse for ASD power was blown. I called myself checking this fuse multiple times but apparently it was not discernable to the eye...should have put an instrument on it like I did everything else. I also found a chafed wire in the harness where it goes over the oil dipstick bracket which could possibly be the culprit. Repaired that as well. Thanks for the help

BTW... another happy wranglerfix customer. Jeep runs great on the replacement ECM. Now that I know I don't need a new ECM, i'm still running the old one and will put the wranglerfix ECM on the shelf as a spare.

Reactions: ItchyDong