2005 Unlimited Rubicon in stone white with khaki hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrs

TJ Guru
DB6F082C-E43B-418D-AD51-73F0CF227D66.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ejay and red95jeep
I just paid $5500 ‘04 LJ minor frame repair needed 178k miles. When people pay stupid prices then people charge stupid prices.
I passed on a really nice LJ, with matching full and 1/2 doors, for $8K. It had repaired frame damage from an accident. Anytime frame repair/damage comes into play, the values go way down. People generally, myself included, stay away from them for obvious reasons.

That said, clean low miles accident and rust free TJs and LJs are going for a premium today, for good reasons. This platform is considered by many the biggest technological leap forward in the history of the Jeep. The shift to coils on all four corners, mated to the perfect size, meant it would become one of the most versatile, capable, desirable, and iconic off-road vehicles of all time. The LJ specifically is what pulled me away from my FJ40 and FJ60 Land Cruisers. If you think a clean TJ/LJ is expensive, go look for one of those! :)

Last edited:
So when i passed on a $12k ‘04 LJ (non-rubicon)bone stock two tops factory garaged almost spotless I should of bought and resold here. ?? Again. If consumers are willing to pay high prices then sellers will charge high prices, i.e. the current SUV/Pickup market.

So when i passed on a $12k ‘04 LJ (non-rubicon)bone stock two tops factory garaged almost spotless I should of bought and resold here. ?? Again. If consumers are willing to pay high prices then sellers will charge high prices, i.e. the current SUV/Pickup market.
Yes? Or maybe just pasted the lead along without scalping it.

Reactions: Got4wd
Personally I haven’t paid over 20k for a tj/lj, but many have on here. For an LJR I would have no issue paying over 20 grand because they are selling for that. If you buy one you will not lose a dime...that’s a fact with the market right now. How many miles were on the LJ you speak of? Surface rust/rust plays into is also. I wouldn’t touch one with any, but people tend to look past it. No rust/surface rust, low miles, and a rubicon trim in an unlimited will continue to go up in value.

Reactions: Weasellee
The '04 can be a tricky one. There was no Rubicon and they only came in an automatic. In that case, someone has to be specifically looking for a non-Rubicon auto. If people do their research, the '04 is actually desirable.

Reactions: Weasellee
Personally I haven’t paid over 20k for a tj/lj, but many have on here. For an LJR I would have no issue paying over 20 grand because they are selling for that. If you buy one you will not lose a dime...that’s a fact with the market right now. How many miles were on the LJ you speak of? Surface rust/rust plays into is also. I wouldn’t touch one with any, but people tend to look past it. No rust/surface rust, low miles, and a rubicon trim in an unlimited will continue to go up in value.
I’m in upper NYS. We have rust on new cars. We have pros at repair a d replacement even special companies like SafeTCap and the like
My LJ has minor tail of frame rust. The one i refer to was spotless, garaged. Clean but for a ding or two

Status
Not open for further replies.