2006 4.0 TJ Fuel Problem

FloridaJeepMan

Hey everyone I’m new to forums, so forgive me if this is post is in the wrong place.

Need help ASAP!

I have a 2006 4.0 tj. Yesterday I drove probably 6 hours in it and it ran fine the entire way and restarted fine when I got to my destination. Then this morning I went to start It and it cranks but won’t turn over.
I have tried putting gas in the intake to try and help start it. Which gets it to turn over but then dies quickly after.
I can also hear the fuel pump kick on and have tried letting it prime itself 3-4 time before trying to start the motor, didn’t seem to help.

I’m fairly positive the issue lies in the file system. I’m just not sure where to go from here.

Not turning over pretty much happens when you turn the key and you get either a click or nothing at all so your engine is turning over but not starting?

That usually is because of lack of fuel or lack of spark. I think putting gas in the intake gets it running until the fuel is gone so that rules out the spark as being your problem.

Did you fill up the tank very shortly before this problem occurred? It could be bad gas

There's more electronic stuff controlling what happens than I could help with beyond checking for blown fuses and/or melted relays. I don't even know which fuse(s) or relays, if any, are related to this.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will post some more than I did.

Good luck.