2006 AEV LJR $24,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
This might be interesting to someone here and sounds like a very good deal, if it's rust free.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org...d-2006-jeep-unlimited-rubicon/7385824254.html
2006 jeep wrangler unlimited automatic with 42K miles
American Express highline fenders and hood
American Express 17 inch rims
Rcv front axle shafts
4.5 rubicon express long arm lift
Ripp supercharger
Alloy usa chromoly rear axle shafts
5.13 gears
Solid diff covers
9.5 si warn wench
And lots of armor

This might be interesting to someone here and sounds like a very good deal, if it's rust free.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org...d-2006-jeep-unlimited-rubicon/7385824254.html
2006 jeep wrangler unlimited automatic with 42K miles
American Express highline fenders and hood
American Express 17 inch rims
Rcv front axle shafts
4.5 rubicon express long arm lift
Ripp supercharger
Alloy usa chromoly rear axle shafts
5.13 gears
Solid diff covers
9.5 si warn wench
And lots of armor

I don't know if it is or not. Anyone have experience with AMEX highline fenders??? :)

I used to like their stuff but the more I look at those dumbo fender flares the more I appreciate the tube fenders.
I feel exactly the same about those fender flares. Still a good deal for an LJR. Only 41,000 miles. Just needs a hardtop

Reactions: Alex01
I feel exactly the same about those fender flares. Still a good deal for an LJR. Only 41,000 miles. Just needs a hardtop
Right? That highline kit alone is worth $6000 or more on the used market. I honestly can’t see why anyone would pay that, but whatever floats your boat.

Can’t argue with the price. As long as it’s not rusted out it’s a great deal.

Right? That highline kit alone is worth $6000 or more on the used market. I honestly can’t see why anyone would pay that, but whatever floats your boat.

Can’t argue with the price. As long as it’s not rusted out it’s a great deal.

Is it really...a Chinese Knockoff of the AEV kit? I love that AMEX typo.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
You just need to cut an inch out of them and zip screw them back together.

I’ll never forget that. I still tell people about it to this day. He could have sold that entire kit and made a killing, then bastardized some factory fenders.

Reactions: Mike_H
You just need to cut an inch out of them and zip screw them back together.
That was a nightmare. I couldn't believe he did that. Of course, if I consider his other posts, it's not hard to believe at all. 3.73 and 35's is great gearing, exactly what you want. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_H and Chris
That was a nightmare. I couldn't believe he did that. Of course, if I consider his other posts, it's not hard to believe at all. 3.73 and 35's is great gearing, exactly what you want. 🤣
3.73, 35s, and a 42RLE. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
I’ll never forget that. I still tell people about it to this day. He could have sold that entire kit and made a killing, then bastardized some factory fenders.
Ok, I must know… what’s the story behind this and who was flashing the ID-10-T code?

Ok, I must know… what’s the story behind this and who was flashing the ID-10-T code?

Forum member billiebob. Go search his posts and you'll find where he completely bastardized his AEV highline fenders to make them look more narrow and held them together with rivets. It was truly cringeworthy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: L J, DWR and JMT
Billibob would also get in gear ratio arguments all the time and boast he’s climbing hills with no problem with 373 and 33’s and he wished he had 307’s. It was all backward wisdom. ID10T.

• Haha
Reactions: L J and Chris
Here you go:

DSC_0004.jpeg
DSC_0072.jpeg
TJR 001.jpeg
TJR 002.jpeg

DSC_0004.jpeg

DSC_0072.jpeg

TJR 001.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: skrelnik and Irun
  • Haha
Reactions: L J and Chris
I just got some pics emailed from the guy. Pretty rusty underneath. I was strongly considering buying it for the highline kit and wheels but more rust than I want to deal with. Not a bad rig for someone with a lot of time on their hands

Status
Not open for further replies.