2006 and aftermarket fog lights

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member
i’ve installed some hella rallye 4000 compact lights on my 2006 tj. the jeep fog light connectors inside the fender well by the parking lights seem to have no power while using a test light. with the fog lights turned on at the mfs i get switched power to this plug(pic attached)that’s also close to the fog light connection what is this plug for? factory fogs worked when removed about a year ago.

A483F67B-CA54-4B78-9D60-54CADD7B67CF.png

Assuming you have the fog lite relay installed in the PDC, you're probably dealing with considerable corrosion with the connectors. I had to use a mini-file to clean mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: txbemis69
Assuming you have the fog lite relay installed in the PDC, you're probably dealing with considerable corrosion with the connectors. I had to use a mini-file to clean mine.
factory/dealer installed fogs were working about a year ago when i installed a new front bumper and unplugged and removed the fogs. still trying to figure out what to other switched plug is in my original post. that plug switches on and off with the multifunction switch but, i get nothing from the factory fog connector. guess i’ll clean up the contacts in connector and see what i get. will give me something to do on my next days off. really want to see how much of an improvement the hella’s are compared to factory fogs.

factory/dealer installed fogs were working about a year ago when i installed a new front bumper and unplugged and removed the fogs. still trying to figure out what to other switched plug is in my original post. that plug switches on and off with the multifunction switch but, i get nothing from the factory fog connector. guess i’ll clean up the contacts in connector and see what i get. will give me something to do on my next days off. really want to see how much of an improvement the hella’s are compared to factory fogs.

???
So you have 3 plugs, and only 1 of them has power when you turn the fog light switch on.
Correct?

???
So you have 3 plugs, and only 1 of them has power when you turn the fog light switch on.
Correct?

two plugs in each front fender well. one is the factory fog plug and the other is this one (picture). the pictured one has power when fogs are turned on at multifunction switch. no power when fogs are turned off. the plug that my factory fogs used to be plugged into has no power whatsoever. the factory fog lights worked when taken off about a year ago.

97A02855-6871-4D50-AFB2-D5346B0654F7.png

What about the fog/high beam relay?

this plug has switched power from multifunction switch even with fog fuse and relay out of the jeep. still get no power from the plug the oem fogs were plugged into. this makes no sense at all. have changed fuses and relays with new ones.

A72C4129-4438-4251-AE83-9AAB31B56265.png

replaced the fog relay and fuse and still have no power to the fog plug on jeep. jeep has the toyota headlight conversion and i put it back to stock wiring configuration but, that was a bust as well. the mystery plug has switched power via the fog switch on multifunction switch even with fog fuse and relay out of jeep. this makes no sense at all. starting to run me nuts!

7D9D36EA-8933-4B38-AC0E-9E3E59E01E10.jpeg

Did you check for power at the fuse and at the relay?

have power to the fuse but, no power at any pin where relay plugs in. this is with the headlights on dim and fogs turned on. i suppose that’s the proper way to check it.