2006 Impact Orange TJ Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great base platform at a great price. @ac_ its time to swap :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ac_
Haha that will never happen! I think I will go back the other way before that would happen. If I ever sell mine, I will pick up a late 70's CJ5 or CJ7. Although that said, I might be interested in trying to fit a CJ7 on a JK frame with a 6.0L GM Gasser motor. Hmmm

Haha that will never happen! I think I will go back the other way before that would happen. If I ever sell mine, I will pick up a late 70's CJ5 or CJ7. Although that said, I might be interested in trying to fit a CJ7 on a JK frame with a 6.0L GM Gasser motor. Hmmm
I'm with you. I would rather work backwards. Cruising that ledge with @JMT convinced me I don't want anything wider.

• Haha
Reactions: ac_ and JMT
I'm with you. I would rather work backwards. Cruising that ledge with @JMT convinced me I don't want anything wider.
Pete: “Passenger....more passenger....you’re going driver....turn passenger.
Jeremy: “You have plenty of room, like 2 feet.
Alex: Continues to turn driver into wall.

• Haha
Reactions: ac_ and Alex01
Pete: “Passenger....more passenger....you’re going driver....turn passenger.
Jeremy: “You have plenty of room, like 2 feet.
Alex: Continues to turn driver into wall.
See. Clearly I have hit my max width.

I mean... 37x13.5 couldn't hurt tho 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and ac_
Lol. I do love the orange, but I don't know what I would do with three Jeeps, plus I am almost done with my red one. In a @Chris type of done. (Are we really ever done?)
I learned recently that the only way to be done with your Jeep, is to be moving your family from state to state ALL THE TIME. That will stop the Jeep.

Reactions: ac_ and tomtaylz
I learned recently that the only way to be done with your Jeep, is to be moving your family from state to state ALL THE TIME. That will stop the Jeep.
Until you find out that your Texas rig needs mods for Washington wheeling.

Now that we have completely derailed the thread... How is the move going

Reactions: ac_

When I get to WA I will no longer be moving and I can get back to business building the Jeep!

Moving 2,000 miles with a small army of 2 adults and 5 kids is an undertaking. I will probably age 5 years in 1 year. It's not for the faint of heart. Just a week and a half longer and I'll be on a road headed somewhere.

If it helps, the only thing you may need to change is tires for mud and snow. Other than that @JMT's jeep is really over built for WA. I mean if he goes to Vantage and does some crazy rock crawling he may want to beef up the suspension a little more and do something with the shocks, but if he just wheels around where he is moving too, and stays away from Vantage or goes to vantage to watch he will be good.

Hey I just thought of something. I don't remember when, but I think it is late spring so you probably just missed it but in Yakima which isn't too terribly far away from Spokane they have an annual Jeep swap meet. If I remember right it is put on by the Moonshiners. It is really cool. Lots of amateur Jeeps for show and tons and tons of parts. I used to go every year. I will see if I can post up a picture of some of the show Jeeps. I showed mine one year.

little jealous especially right now mostly because the weather sucks right now.

Oh also unless something changed. There is no vehicle inspections in WA, and I have heard they are getting rid of emissions in the whole state, but if they don't there is not emissions where you are moving too. Or there wasn't any when I lived there.

If it helps, the only thing you may need to change is tires for mud and snow. Other than that @JMT's jeep is really over built for WA. I mean if he goes to Vantage and does some crazy rock crawling he may want to beef up the suspension a little more and do something with the shocks, but if he just wheels around where he is moving too, and stays away from Vantage or goes to vantage to watch he will be good.

Hey I just thought of something. I don't remember when, but I think it is late spring so you probably just missed it but in Yakima which isn't too terribly far away from Spokane they have an annual Jeep swap meet. If I remember right it is put on by the Moonshiners. It is really cool. Lots of amateur Jeeps for show and tons and tons of parts. I used to go every year. I will see if I can post up a picture of some of the show Jeeps. I showed mine one year.

little jealous especially right now mostly because the weather sucks right now.

Oh also unless something changed. There is no vehicle inspections in WA, and I have heard they are getting rid of emissions in the whole state, but if they don't there is not emissions where you are moving too. Or there wasn't any when I lived there.
I think emissions goes away in 2019 or 2020 IIRC.

They want full coverage of tire and mud flap to the hubs. 🤣 Not likely on my rig.

Why don’t you just come up and show me the ropes?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ac_ and Alex01
Vantage, Vantage, Vantage. I can’t sleep now!

Status
Not open for further replies.