2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Rubicon, 100,000 miles, excellent condition - $13900

Status
Not open for further replies.
After speaking over the phone I got a txt stating he was waiting on his father in law to show up at his place with the jeep. Pictures would then be taken and conversation could be had. That was about 3:EST, he said I was first in line. Sounded legit, the sun In law wanted it but he just bought a new truck, and the father in law wanted a new car so he told the sun in law to sell it. Dude said it was a west cost jeep all it's life. Well its over 4 hrs now and no word, I agree its probably gone my optimism sinking. For future reference anyone had any personal experience with a on line escrow company, quick search indicated there were a lot of scams. Would paypal to escrow be safer, not that I have a 14000.00 limit on a cc lol.. Flying out these days, well it would be an adventure if you could get out of the airport with out,,,it well Im not even going to kick that can of worms.
Did you pay him already? This screams scam. If somebody was selling a vehicle you wouldn’t have to wait for pics lol

Reactions: Chris
Maybe somebody from the forum in that area could check it out. It's 1.5hrs from me so not it :ROFLMAO: .

The price could simply be because they aren't aware of it's value and kbb says it's worth 11k. A dealer likely offered him less.

If the seller agrees to an escrow and supplies photo's/vin I don't see how it's a scam.

@Starrs @Chris So this guy has been jerking me around a lot, but we are still talking. Looks like he posted again with a few more pics @ 16500, still not to bad. He is telling me someone offered him 18000 and would fly out of Colorado to pick it up... Im not sure what that looks like with the virus these days. Anyway. I got more poor quality pics, not really enough for me to get a good feeling, I have asking for more pictures. I should have given up on him by now as much as I feel I'm being played but anyway. Jeep is in Salinas CA, anyone want to make the trip, Ill pay a fare fee for someone to put there eyes on this and not buy it out from under me.

-620315734065630978.jpg

844619620119237013.jpg

2392661184656798073.jpg

2544448722818405627.jpg

2573611791157233663.jpg

-2832363659365626323.jpg

-4169416301347260197.jpg

-4604252223954663956.jpg

5193508567355616950.jpg

-5470244404272314708.jpg

-6170169159860173891.jpg

7624997325013177399.jpg

7731449145695770400.jpg

-7772465547307176229.jpg

I mean it looks to be in good shape, but the fact he is messing with you and trying to incite a bidding war would be enough for me to stay away.

Son in law is saying dad in law dose not want to talk to anyone, he wants Teddy to take care of it. I wanted to talk to dad in law who was in Vegas at the time, I was unaware of his location and the jeeps on the initial call, I thought we had a done deal. If Id have known I would have had it shipped out of Vegas, but no go. Guess dad in law will be in Salinas in a few days, that was the wait.

So I get a call Sunday night, I'm down sick as a dog, real flu, not the import called corona... and now Teddy wants 18,000.00 lol... he relisted it,, what ever.

So now I'm feeling more like my self and want to see where this goes.
Teddy asks me all matter of factly like, am I going to buy or what,, after I waited all week to here form him, ish. Dude stated he was in real-estate and this is the best way he can represent something he is trying to sell, what ever. Meantime he gives me the name of his shipper, Joe out of united car shipping in KS, anyone hard of them, any way he seems legit, and says yeah, I know Teddy, he and his brother sell a few cars, wait what?? He even knows this guy is in Salinas CA, humm. So I ask Teddy again, do you sell cars along with real-estate, he says NO!. Id have felt better if he would have said yes. He stated to me more than once his dad in law he is portraying as a febel old man is driving this jeep, notice the skull and crossbones, Ooook. And drove it from Vegas to Salinas but has issues and wont talk to me over the phone. Im not one to judge but..
He sent me a pic of the title, i ran the sn, it's a rubicon, neat, im about to pull the trigger on a car fax to verify what his is saying but I'm looking at corona lay off so I'm watching every dollar and started checking out addresses... check it.. should I be concerned? am I not seeing what I should be seeing because I want this LJ too bad... dose this look like a grandpas home, teddy is 54, I'm not sure but the dad in law has to be a bit older right. If I'm posting pics I shouldn't have please remove I'm sorry I did not read the fine print.
Guess the jeep didn't spend much time in a gaurage.

3977.JPG

Capture4.JPG

You need to step away from this deal. I emailed him and asked if it was in Nevada and he said no. I was hoping it was local so I could go check it out for you. I was in the same boat as you looking for a nice rubicon. If you wait something nicer will come up. I almost pulled the trigger on one but passed. Thats with the 4K mile Jeep came into my lap.

good luck? im simple, expand please.
Are you messing around or your seriously still intersted in this imaginary LJ for sale lol? At first I thought it was a joke but now I’m not sure. If by any chance you are interested walk away...I’m not gonna swoop in and steal it from ya...but walk away.

I wasn't messing, or trying to waste anyone's time. Teddy relisted at 16500, after saying I could have it Sunday night for orig price 13900, witch was after him saying he had someone offering to pick it up for 18000 out of Colorado, I told him sell. I called him out on it and I got another message from him tonight saying if I wanted it he would sell for 15000. I figure 15k for a 100K LJR orig owner sounds pretty good to me. The guy was all over the place trying to sell fast for as much as he could, I'm not sure that is what I would of done but I get it.
I had asked for more pics of witch I'm still waiting on after he says, do you want this or what, and quit wasting my time??? ok? im in.. I started digging in with the information he txted me this evening, the title and address that I don't think was supposed to be in the pic. I was going to pull a car fax then started to add up the oddities and updated the forum. Everything I discovered was divulged to the forum when I discovered it. I'm still recovering and am a bit to forthcoming so yeah, thanks for all who commented and gave my gut the encouragement to tell my brain to quit talking to Teddy, the story is just to weird.. This could still be a one owner LJ, He might have a father in law that has social disorders.. I don't know, but yeah unless something compelling comes up I'm still in the market lol.. Thanks guys. Sometimes when I want something really badly I don't see what it is I see what I want it to be.

I've been to Salinas, that picture looks accurate.

Salinas is geographically - close to Monterrey; murder rate - close to Detroit.

Reactions: Starrs
Status
Not open for further replies.