2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport Build

jyarborogh

I'm new to the Jeep community and am starting to build my 2006 TJ Sport. I've replaced both front fenders and undercoated underneath. I cleaned the frame out and coated it with inside the frame paint and sealed all the side and top holes with metal tape before spraying over them with undercoat paint. Here is a before and after so far pic.
upload_2016-11-22_11-30-27.jpeg
upload_2016-11-22_11-28-23.jpeg

upload_2016-11-22_11-27-17.jpeg

Very nice TJ.

Did you black out the wheels permanently (paint/powdercoat), or plasti-dip? I really like the look of the silver wheels on a silver TJ so much better...just me, though...

Very nice TJ.

Did you black out the wheels permanently (paint/powdercoat), or plasti-dip? I really like the look of the silver wheels on a silver TJ so much better...just me, though...
Plastidip. I wanted to see what it would look like with Black. I'm going with the Dick Cepek black and silver wheels.

A few more upgrades. 31" tires with 2" wheel spacers and my Smitty Built 54" High Lift mounted to the hood. I also installed 1.25" body lift and 1" motor mount lift. Next will be a 2" budget boost lift so I can fit 33" tires. Budget Boost is just so I can get the look for now.
100.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect. I love the 2" lift with 31" tires, I wish I had kept mine there. IMHO, that is the perfect lift / look for our TJs. It's a nice balance between mild and wild.

Reactions: UpperMI
Nice ride! Sounds similar to what I did

Admittedly I am biased to the Duratrac and haven't experimented much with other tires (other than MT tires).

However, why would I ever need to? The Duratracs have handles everything I put them through with absolute ease. That being said, there wouldn't even be a point in me switching to something else, not when I know how well these work!

Admittedly I am biased to the Duratrac and haven't experimented much with other tires (other than MT tires).

However, why would I ever need to? The Duratracs have handles everything I put them through with absolute ease. That being said, there wouldn't even be a point in me switching to something else, not when I know how well these work!
Exactly Chris. That's how I feel about the Cooper tires. It all comes down to personal preference just like building your Jeep.

Reactions: Chris
Exactly Chris. That's how I feel about the Cooper tires. It all comes down to personal preference just like building your Jeep.

Yep! When you find something you like, you tend to stick with it. Unless it gives you a problem, there's no reason to ever switch.

Reactions: jyarborogh