20181226_150715_resized_1 (1).jpg

20181226_150410_resized_1.jpg

jeep3.jpg

20181226_150656_resized_1.jpg

20181226_150715_resized_1 (1).jpg

20181226_150410_resized_1.jpg

jeep3.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Got any pictures of the frame underneath? Especially where the Transfer Case skid meets the frame and where the lower control arms meet the frame. Thanks

Your photos pretty much all show the same thing - the rear of the transfer case and the skid plate. You should post some photos of the frame rails from the sides, underneath the body panels.

FYI, while your TJ seems to be in great shape, your selling price for an X is upwards of Rubicon pricing...I hope you have some wiggle room.

Your photos pretty much all show the same thing - the rear of the transfer case and the skid plate. You should post some photos of the frame rails from the sides, underneath the body panels.

FYI, while your TJ seems to be in great shape, your selling price for an X is upwards of Rubicon pricing...I hope you have some wiggle room.

What do you think an X should go for Considering the mileage and the Condition?

What would you think the price range would be Considering the condition and mileage?
I've found a few with under 50 K or less miles priced around 19.
I do want to price it right.

What would you think the price range would be Considering the condition and mileage?
I’ve been keeping an eye on the local market for the last year. I am in St Pete. Bought my TJ (an X like yours, one previous owner, in Florida since new) in Tampa for $13.5k with 51k miles. Excluding various special appearance packages that don’t add any monetary value to the TJ, the sub models for TJs from basic to most expensive and most desired are
X
Sport
Sahara
Rubicon

And then there are the regular length TJ and the extended length known as an LJ. The LJ commands higher prices as they are desired and more rare. Yours is a regular length X. Florida market for TJs is expensive. But a Sahara or LJ with similar miles to yours would probably be advertised for around $16-$17.5k. A Rubicon with under 50k miles around here would go for over $20k. An X with 50k or under miles is more of a $15k vehicle in this market from what I have seen. Assuming southern vehicle all its life and clean Carfax. If it were mine I’d probably advertise for $15.5 or $15.9 and be prepared to let it go for $14.9. I just don’t think you will get many nibbles on that priced at $17k or higher.

But do post more pics of the frame rails from the side. The pics you’ve posted show some surface rust. But they aren’t close enough or in the areas of TJs most prone to rot. So get closer when you take those pics. Good luck.

Last edited:
If you went off that comparison, you'd be pricing yours ok, I guess. I don't know the market in FL, so it's hard to actually say. If you have it advertised @ $17.5k locally, all you can do is see if there's any interest. My thoughts are the same as @mde8965, around $15.5k. Where I live, in a rust-free state, an X in good condition would sell for $13-14k, maybe.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the local market for the last year. I am in St Pete. Bought my TJ (an X like yours, one previous owner, in Florida since new) in Tampa for $13.5k with 51k miles. Excluding various special appearance packages that don’t add any monetary value to the TJ, the sub models for TJs from basic to most expensive and most desired are
X
Sport
Sahara
Rubicon

And then there are the regular length TJ and the extended length known as an LJ. The LJ commands higher prices as they are desired and more rare. Yours is a regular length X. Florida market for TJs is expensive. But a Sahara or LJ with similar miles to yours would probably be advertised for around $16-$17.5k. A Rubicon with under 50k miles around here would go for over $20k. An X with 50k or under miles is more of a $15k vehicle in this market from what I have seen. Assuming southern vehicle all its life and clean Carfax. If it were mine I’d probably advertise for $15.5 or $15.9 and be prepared to let it go for $14.9. I just don’t think you will get many nibbles on that priced at $17k or higher.

But do post more pics of the frame rails from the side. The pics you’ve posted show some surface rust. But they aren’t close enough or in the areas of TJs most prone to rot. So get closer when you take those pics. Good luck.

Thanks for the info that helps alot.

If you went off that comparison, you'd be pricing yours ok, I guess. I don't know the market in FL, so it's hard to actually say. If you have it advertised @ $17.5k locally, all you can do is see if there's any interest. My thoughts are the same as @mde8965, around $15.5k. Where I live, in a rust-free state, an X in good condition would sell for $13-14k, maybe.

Thank you for your feed back.

That's a nice Jeep. It will bring 14-16k likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.