2006 LJ blower switch

patton999

The blower motor in my LJ doesn't work in all positions. I didn't diagnose the switch mutch because I didn't want to completely lose heat/AC so I thought it was only working on high. A google search told me to change the resistor. That didn't fix anything.
After 30 seconds of playing with things, I think It's the switch itself. I live in Arizona and am afraid to lose my air conditioning, that is why I haven't troubleshoot further.
After looking into this more, things on the 2006 LJ are different. Chrysler says I have to replace the entire panel that contains the heat/AC controls. The part is dealer only and is roughly $800. I've found other Mopar units online but minimum of $200.
Does anyone know if I can get another year model tj switch to fit in this panel? As long as the electrical is right I'm willing to use superglue.
part# of panel, 55056558AB

Last edited:
The first thing to rule out is the knob itself. They can crack on the back side and basically just spin without activating the switch itself. If that's the case you can get one from NAPA for less than $10 (pt.# 735-4275). This happened on mine. Hopefully you'll get lucky!