2006 LJ Rubi

Rowdy

Hey all,

This thread is basically my journal for myself where I can keep track of upgrades that I do to my Jeep.

I'm going from the OME 2" heavy suspension lift with a 1" MML/BL and tummy tuck to either the Metalcloak 3.5" ARB edition short-arm lift or the Currie 4' lift.

2006 LJ Rubicon
2" OME heavy suspension lift
1" Rokmen BL
1" Brown Dog MML
Currently running 33" BFG KO2's planning to go to 35's
Custom TT with transmission cross-member

Cheers mates!
drinks.gif

-Rowdy

Last edited:
So I've decided to choose between the Metalcloak game-changer ARB SA lift and the Currie 4" SA lift, since they both have strong adj. control arms for upper and lowers with very durable bushings.

The only differences in the kits is that the Currie SA lift doesn't have shocks with it but comes with front and rear Anti-Rock sway bars. The Metalcloak SA lift has shocks, but reuses the stock sway-bar. I know that there are other major differences, but for me, these are the factors that I am considering as they are both great kit and I really haven't read anything bad about eithe

Now I just have to pull the trigger and bite the bullet on the one that I want.

Cheers mates!
drinks-gif.6229.gif

-Rowdy

Reactions: Chris
How much $?
For the Metalcloak all-aluminum ARB edition with double adj. control arms, it comes in at $2769 plus shipping.
The Currie lift with Anti-rock and double adj. control arms comes in at $2649, but I will have to buy shocks.

I'm leaning more and more to the Metalcloak lift as it includes shocks and seems pretty straight forward. I also like the fact that it includes extended brake lines whereas the Currie doesn't.

Cheers mates!
drinks-gif-6229-gif.6301.gif

-Rowdy