SOLD 2006 LJ Solar Yellow 6 Speed Manual 91100 Miles 14500$ OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravellingAlex

Supporting Member
Price
14500$
First of all: THX. To all of you who post more than me and gave me ideas, directions and inspiration for working on my Jeep. My busted knuckles would also shout out a big thx ... Anyhow, the time has come, the Jeep and I have to part ways. Reason: Three years of Macon, GA are over. Going back to EU, and taking the Jeep with me doesn´t make a lot of sense unfortunately. Gas prices, place to wrench, not sure about where we are going to end up there and so on. Also our newborn daughter prevents my garage activities more than I thought.

So, back to the Jeep. I bought the car 2 1/2 years ago in Houston, TX, with 88110miles on the clock and drove it home and did maintenance and started fixing things. Former owner had an accident according to CarFax, and as I found out later I am pretty sure he loved the beach. Talking about a rust free car with rust spots .... I drove around town here and a trip to the blue ridge parkway. So that´s why I only drove around 3K miles.

2006 Jeep TJ LJ 6 Speed Manual Solar Yellow 91100 Miles
VIN: 1J4FA44S76P718083
Hard top & Soft Top
Full & Half Doors
14500$ or best offer

Things i did directly after buying:
  • New Mopar Radiator and Hoses, before that I flushed the coolant system with Anti Rust
  • Rancho Shocks and steering Damper (and had to cut off the old bolts in the rear, of course)
  • Fan Clutch
  • Thermostat
  • Water Pump
  • Serpentine Belt
  • Hella Halogen Headlights (in case I take the to EU, at least I thought back then) & fancy headlight harness which was a placebo I guess. Doesn´t hurt though
  • 4 Oxygen Sensors (2 had to be welded in, bc the old ones did not come out. A lot of cursing from the muffler shop guy)
  • Spark Plugs
  • Ignition Coil Bank
  • Tires Michelin Defender 31 x 10.5
  • All oils. Gearbox, Transfer Case, Diff´s, Engine.
  • Removed the rust on the frame above the gas tank. Painted with Rustoleum Stop Rust and Enamel. Also the Gas Tank Skid.
  • Fixed the burping Issue of the gas tank.
  • New fuel pump.
Along the way things:
  • Half Doors and Upper´s of a wrecked Jeep. Upper´s frame are not really nice, neither the textile, but they do their job. Driver side door has a scratch and a not so nice painted by me spots on top.
  • Kicker Speakers. 5.25 front, 6.5 in the speaker pods. Did not mount the cover for the speaker in the pods.
  • Bluetooth Radio Kenwood
  • New Battery, Wife forgot the headlights.
  • Polyethurane Bushings for the sway bar´s. Front and rear.
Brand new now or recently done:
  • Control Arms. All of them, Moog.
  • Track Bar Front and rear, Moog
  • bought 4 used Ravine Rims, bc. there are four Canyon Rims and a Ravine Spare on the Jeep. IDK, that was how i got it.
  • Bought complete new ACC carpet with mass backing in grey. The Cutpile one. Only to find out that the installed rear carpet is really nice and quality wise much better then the ACC. Should have bought just the front section from ACC in Black, and then the thick one, the Essex. So you can sell or mount the carpet. If you can get the rear cupholder console screws out. BC they are stuck.
  • fixed the lock on the driver side full door. PO got his window smashed I guessed. And was not able to connect the locking cylinder with the locking mechanism. I barely made it....
  • new window regulator on the passenger side full door.
  • U Joints on rear drive shaft. Also bought the one´s for the front shaft, did not install them. U can do it! :)
  • Removed rust in driver and passenger footwell. Rustoleum Stop Rust and Solar Yellow Mopar Spray (real shitty product IMHO)
I tried to keep everything as stock as possible. Replacement parts only quality brands. There are a few rust spots still left, specifically around the upper coil spring mount. The tub has / had some spots, nothing really bad. Frame is solid. On the right side fender "holder" there is one bolt broken off, tried to get it off, broke my extracting tool. Broke one of those big tub bolts while lifting it a bit to cut off the nuts for the rear shocks .A welded nut would surely help for both bolts, but I don´t have a welder. The rear main seal leaks a bit I guess. Transfer case skid needs to be removed, there is rust between it and the frame. Could use a Muffler, never fixed it, waited for it to fall off to blend in into those redneck parts of GA ;) But never fell off ...

It is a 16 year old Jeep LJ with a few dings and scratches. And some minor rust. Engine solid, gear box solid, frame solid, low mileage. Had an accident. Drives well. Could be nicer, but it is absolutely ok in my opinion. Soft Top, Hard Top, Full Doors, Half Doors. I am happy to answer questions or video calls. And according to local customs: No Lowballers, No Tire Kickers, I know what I have ;)

Some Photos. And a dropbox link with a lot more photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mb0cwgygi5o1vuz/AACUTuXDlsllR442Q6ypg23xa?dl=0

IMG_9758.jpeg

IMG_9755.jpeg

IMG_9687.jpeg

IMG_9783.jpeg

IMG_9766.jpeg

IMG_9764.jpeg

IMG_9511.jpeg

IMG_9707.jpeg

IMG_9725.jpeg

IMG_9726.jpeg

IMG_9710.jpeg

IMG_9721.jpeg

IMG_9713.jpeg

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9706.jpeg

IMG_9761.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. That is one of those big tub bolts I wrote in the description. It sheared off as I tried to unscrew it. That happened while I lifted the tub an inch to get better access to the rear upper shock mounts. to cut the welded mounting nuts out. As I exchanged the shocks.

Right next to it is also the second broken bolt, I tried to extract but did not work. The one from the lower fender support bracket. A welded nut onto those screws should fix that, but I don’t have a welder.

car is getting picked up Monday

Reactions: taylormade73
Yes. That is one of those big tub bolts I wrote in the description. It sheared off as I tried to unscrew it. That happened while I lifted the tub an inch to get better access to the rear upper shock mounts. to cut the welded mounting nuts out. As I exchanged the shocks.

Ah. Didn’t know that you didn’t fix it. Looks pretty clean otherwise. GLWS.

Reactions: TravellingAlex
Local 4x4 shop looked at it today as per future owners request. Frame is solid, no surprises there. They and me afterwards were concerned about the rusty engine block which looks worse outside then the rest of the car. My paranoia was that PO swapped the motor, so that got me running. But I found engine casing no and time when it was manufactured, so that fits. PO drive it own the beach, according to the amount of sand in the front carpet. So I think evaporating salt water on the hot engine caused that. More salt, more rust.

It is not a Rust belt car, that’s for sure. But it’s also not a 30k mile garage queen. I think it‚s a honest 16year old year Jeep. With dings an scratches and a few things to fix. and for that I hope I priced it accordingly. OBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.