2006 LJR Incident Report

I finally finished installing the compressor- except for air lines to the lockers. The solenoid wiring harnesses cut over to the fender then follow the main bundle over to the SPOD controller. The compressor power and control run vertically between the brake booster and clutch master cylinder, then also follow the main bundle over to the SPOD and battery.

The ARB air manifold is bolted to the fender, had to remove the cruise control harness and secure that to the manifold body with a zip tie.

A couple owner personal touches I did are put a 90* fitting off the solenoid so the 6mm lines can run in parallel to the solenoid and provide some strain relief. Also, I didn't order and don't have an air coupling pacifier instead I used a male-threaded plug, slipped a lanyard over it, capped the fitting, and anchored the lanyard to the cruise control mounting bolt. Seems semi-complicated, but I had the lanyard, cap, and fitting laying in the parts bins.

20200513_105929.jpg

I also picked up a couple connectors to toss in the trail repair kit. McMaster-Carr part numbers as follows:
  • 4860K421 1/8"x1/8" street elbow
  • 5787K18 6mm tube to 1/8" pipe straight adapter
  • 51115K544 6mm tube straight connector

20200512_191039.jpg

Today I dropped the LJ off for 4.88 & ARB installation. I should have it back next week, just-in-time for warm weather break-in mileage.

The gears are broken in, all is well there. Driveability has improved, fuel mileage (who cares!) is about the same at mid-low teens.

After three years of sitting on the shelf, I finally got around to installing the rear halogen lights in the LOD bumper. I had an oopsie with the install. The lights have blue and black wire leads. Black is ground in 12VDC systems, right? Nope, not these. Blue is ground. After burning up a couple fuses I read the directions, switched wires, and all was good in the world.

20200718_154255.jpg

Next task will be redoing the accessory power wiring to my battery, hope to complete it by Dec 2022.... not in a hurry, lol.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
A couple driveway shots from today. It was 56* and sunny today, so a great day for open air driving. After running errands, I put the LJ in hibernation mode, where it'll stay indoors 'til spring time due to work travel and road salt season.

oct2020-2.jpg

oct2020.jpg

Just over 1 year later. . . the LJ went to a new home yesterday. It was a bittersweet decision, but one that is very familiar in this hobby. On the plus side time, space, and funding to continue the '98 Sport build have been gained.

• Wow
Reactions: JMT and Chris
Just over 1 year later. . . the LJ went to a new home yesterday. It was a bittersweet decision, but one that is very familiar in this hobby. On the plus side time, space, and funding to continue the '98 Sport build have been gained.
It's awesome you were able to fix that jeep and bring it to a new owner.

Reactions: Sea Cot