2006 Rubicon Unlimited 6-speed

Thank's for your reply & that Info. jimm !! That's a SWEEEET ridge you got there & some Mighty Fine Scenery also !!! I
'm Hopeing mine pans out.🙏🤙👍 Hows it treat'n you ? Is that stock ? What do you like Most about it ? I do like to hear that it's Rare !! I'm a Collector also. I'm getting a lot of responses on this Forum, Luv'It ! & keep'um Coming !! :D:D

Last edited:
looking forward to seeing what you find. I have had mine (auto transmission) for well over a decade now. They are indeed a bit of unicorn.

Reactions: Frank Slap
Hello CaveyDM, Thanks for your interest !
Yes, Same here !! This Saturday, They say it's ready for my inspection/ pickup....My ride there is not quit set though... 🎬🎯 How was yours treated you ???

Last edited:
Welcome Frank, I have had my LJ for 5yrs now, as with any vehicle you know there's always upkeep on them. Jeeps are no different. I have been driving jeeps since the 80's guess I don't know any better.

Hello Gaabbee, Thanks for your interest.
Huntington Station, Auto Expo. Was there yesterday to check/pick it up, Not happy @ all w/ them.... Was told the frame was "Excellent"... It had 4-5 patches (the metal used was thinner than original & it had heavy rust chunks on the inside throughout, It's a $1000.00 parts car, They wanted $8000.00 ) an it wasn't a 6 speed either as I was told !! ( had a auto) It was a waste of my time. He offered me (4) others options to check out while I was there..... None were driveable. I was also surrounded by a lot of Jeeps in disrepair (cheap auction "rats.") You would think in that price range they should have some that were "Put Together" to be at least driveable..... B.S. 💩😷
I'm tilting a few tins now. 🍻 (Back Home & Enjoying Life)

chill'n.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Gaabbee, Thanks for your interest.
Huntington Station, Auto Expo. Was there yesterday to check/pick it up, Not happy @ all w/ them.... Was told the frame was "Excellent"... It had 4-5 patches (the metal used was thinner than original & it had heavy rust chunks on the inside throughout, It's a $1000.00 parts car, They wanted $8000.00 ) an it wasn't a 6 speed either as I was told !! ( had a auto) It was a waste of my time. He offered me (4) others to check out while I was there..... None were driveable. You would think in that price range they should be at least driveable..... B.S 💩😷
I'm tilting a few tins now.

View attachment 181018
Sorry to hear that! I was wondering if it was closer to me I’d be able to save you a trip. Keep looking you will find the one you want.

Sorry to hear that! I was wondering if it was closer to me I’d be able to save you a trip. Keep looking you will find the one you want.
Thanks for your offer of Help & the Encouragement. It's Greatly Appreciated !!
Will Do. Yes Sir
Good People Finish First. Yes !

Last edited:
I hope you find your perfect project and welcome from Texas !
THANKS Gregg1le, & Thank You for Your Service Sir.🇺🇸 Yes I did find another one on the way back from N.Y. Shit Luck, My friend that came w/ me to get that other one, Checked a app. on his phone & wa la, There it was up for sale ....the add was 35 min.'s old ! & it's close, 15 miles away from my home. I checked it out & drove it Today. It's SWEET, Perfect Cond. Inside & out. 125,000 mi.'s 5 speed ! I'll being talking with him (nice guy) & looking to seal the deal later today.

Last edited:
THANKS Gregg1le, & Thank You for Your Service Sir.🇺🇸 Yes I did find another one on the way back from N.Y. Shit Luck, My friend that came w/ me to get that other one, Checked a app. on his phone & wa la, There it was up for sale ....the add was 35 min.'s old ! & it's close, 15 miles away from my home. I checked it out & drove it Today. It's SWEET, Perfect Cond. Inside & out. 125,000 mi.'s 5 speed ! I'll being talking with him (nice guy) & looking to seal the deal later today.

Good luck with the deal !

Hello Everyone,
I'm New Here.
I'm 60 years old. I've had/have & worked on a lot of Classic & Antique cars & Motorcycles to include (3) Camaro's (2) 71's one of which is a Z28( that I still have) also had a 77 Z28, of which I still have a lot of it's parts. I also had a 1973 Datsun 240 Z, which I enjoyed & did a lot of work/mod.'s too. Also just got rid of my 1981 Buick Electra Estate Wagon (Full Size) That I had & maintained for over25 years. It had a 1978 Olds 350 ci that replaced original 350 Buick Diesel motor...(the experiment that never worked, putting diesel heads on a gas engine.(Not a good Idea) LOL.... & Motorcycles, a 1986 Honda CR 250 a 2 stroke dirt bike for many years & a 1968 Triumph Bonneville that I still have. I did a lot to that one also, Chromed all major parts to include (frame, triple tree, trans. cover,timing cover, pri. cover.) Mod.'s to include 800 cc big bore conversion, road race cams & big amal carb.'s. Also a Snowmobile 1977 F/A 340 Skidoo for about 4 years...When we got snow in 1978
Now I finally got a possibility to buy my FIRST JEEP, YEAH !! Looking Forward to many Good Times w/ it ! I'm in the online negotiation stage right now with a out of state used Jeep dealer in L.I. N.Y. I'm in central Ct. It's a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited (L J ) 2 door 6 speed man. Blk./Blk. w/ a lot of miles (210,000) I haven't seen it in person yet, But was told it runs & looks GREAT. I will be checking it out in person soon (1 wk.) If it's Good, I'm all set to bring it home....That's the plan. In the meantime, I'm doing a lot of research on it. Too including joining this Forum !! I'm Very impressed with everything I see here & consider myself Very Fortunate to be here, Hello Everyone & THANKS !! AGAIN !!!
Welcome to the zoo. So much knowledge in here and wonderful people also. I am building my first TJ and just bought an 06 LJR from another member also. Good luck.