2006 Rubicon

Billy06

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Picked this up a couple months ago. I already have a 2013 JK and wasn't really looking for another Jeep, but the price was more than right and I'm a sucker for a deal. Besides the initial cleaning up of the Jeep, I've managed to get a couple little mechanical issues solved, got the bumpers and grill cleaned up, and changed out the dash lights to LED's, which made a huge difference. Last weekend I installed a 2" lift and got the ZJ steering upgrade in. I purchased a used set of newer Rubicon wheels and trying to decide on tire size at the moment. Black Magic brakes are next on the list as well. This is a third vehicle for me, so trying to taking my time.

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

Finally got the newer Rubi wheels on. The tires are a 265-70-17 for now. The tires are about shot, but the spare has a new 285-70-17 on it. Going to replace the other for with 285's. Next project are brakes.

IMG_2049.JPG

Reactions: Chris
Definitely looks a lot cleaner! I will admit I liked the Moab wheels better, the chrome headlight bezels, and no grille inserts, but it's your TJ, so that's not my place to decide. Still, it cleaned up nicely!

Reactions: CJ8er
I'm keeping the old wheels for now, as I'm not exactly sure which ones I like better. Found the newer Rubi wheels with tires (including the spare) for $275 total, so figured at that price it was worth a shot. If they don't grow on me, I can sell them and at least get my money back. I'm not a chrome fan, so those benzels had to go, but been thinking about color matching the old ones just to see how it looks. I'm the type that will try just about anything once.

Found a deal on some 285's, so got the tires swapped out. Rides way better with the C load compared to the E load that was on there. Got the new brakes ordered and now debating on a small body lift. Any recommendations on the BL?

IMG_2075.JPG

Reactions: en480c4 and Chris
Looks Great. Love how you subtly used the black accents in the grill and light bezel to tie the whole thing together. Nice:) cheers
Thanks. Wanted something a little different than stock. Wasn't in love with the black accents at first, but it has grown on me and really liking it now.

Spent most of the day on Saturday working on the Jeep. Installed new pads and rotors. Flushed the brake fluid while I was at it. It was really bad. Did a complete coolant flush as well. The lift I put on a month or so ago was the 2" Pro Comp springs and shocks. The shocks were way stiffer than I liked, so decided to order a front pair of Rancho 5000's to try. They've only been on for a day, but immediately noticed a difference. Very happy I swapped them out. Going to order a pair for the rear now. Might even try the adjustable 9000's on my JK.