2006 TJ with 32X11.50R15 tires and 2" lift

rge8

I've seen a lot of people asking so I just thought I'd throw this out there, I was one of them. Here's my TJ with the 32 BFG's on it, no rubbing and rides great with a 2" lift kit, springs and shocks. So glad I did it.

My Jeep.jpg

Is yours the 4 speed auto or manual? If the 4 speed auto, how does it handle the 32's?

My LJ has the 4 speed auto and I have 31's (with a 2-1/2 inch OME spring lift) and I didn't notice any big difference versus the 30's that were on it. I've wondered how it would handle 32's without having to drive around in 3rd gear all the time.

I've seen a lot of people asking so I just thought I'd throw this out there, I was one of them. Here's my TJ with the 32 BFG's on it, no rubbing and rides great with a 2" lift kit, springs and shocks. So glad I did it.
Yours looks nice like that. That’s what I’m looking for in mine.

The 2” lift you did, was it just shocks and springs or did you make any other modifications? I’m getting ready to do mine soon and I want to make that have all the parts I’ll need before I start. I’m doing the Pro Comp 2” shocks and springs.

Yours looks nice like that. That’s what I’m looking for in mine.

The 2” lift you did, was it just shocks and springs or did you make any other modifications? I’m getting ready to do mine soon and I want to make that have all the parts I’ll need before I start. I’m doing the Pro Comp 2” shocks and springs.
Good question my plan is Pro comp 2” coils and Rancho shocks.

Reactions: dschwes
Is yours the 4 speed auto or manual? If the 4 speed auto, how does it handle the 32's?

My LJ has the 4 speed auto and I have 31's (with a 2-1/2 inch OME spring lift) and I didn't notice any big difference versus the 30's that were on it. I've wondered how it would handle 32's without having to drive around in 3rd gear all the time.
I had an 05 LJ I loved but, had to give it up, This one is an auto and it's doing fine with the 32's. I just mounted the spare yesterday. This has 3.73 gears and a Dana 44 in the rear.

What lift did you put on?

I was referring as to whether the tires rubbed. Sometimes a tire that wide on factory backspaced wheels will rub the control arms when turning.

Because I’m new at this also, I’ll ask a rookie question....I’m getting ready to do the same lift in mine and I’ll be doing front adj. track bar, rear track bar bracket, steering stabilizer and sway bar disconnects. When I’m done with all that I’ll be looking for wheels and tires. I’m thinking 32’s but where my knowledge ends is with the width. I’ve heard 11.5 or 12.5 x 15 but to get wheels with an offset, like maybe -12 or -19. Would the offset help keep the tires from rubbing when making full turns? If not, what would keep the tires from rubbing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I’m new at this also, I’ll ask a rookie question....I’m getting ready to do the same lift in mine and I’ll be doing front adj. track bar, rear track bar bracket, steering stabilizer and sway bar disconnects. When I’m done with all that I’ll be looking for wheels and tires. I’m thinking 32’s but where my knowledge ends is with the width. I’ve heard 11.5 or 12.5 x 15 but to get wheels with an offset, like maybe -12 or -19. Would the offset help keep the tires from rubbing when making full turns? If not, what would keep the tires from rubbing?

Forget offset, look for backspacing. You want a wheel with 3.75-4.5" of backspace.

Reactions: StG58 and dschwes

RGE8 are you using any wheel spacers ? I have the same Ravine wheels and would like to use them as well with a 32x11.50 .
Thanks for sharing...…..

32’s would look good with a small lift for sure. With the width, I would suggest 11.50 if you want to keep your factory wheels, or at least if you want to keep the same size. If you go with 12.50, I would recommend upping your rim size from 15x8 to 15x10 to reduce the risk of busting your tire beads when airing down. For the potential rubbing issue, you can get wheel spacers to extend the distance between your wheel and fender. They’re not too pricey

Last edited:
Reactions: dschwes