2006 TJ with 32X11.50R15 tires and 2" lift

32’s would look good with a small lift for sure. With the width, I would suggest 11.50 if you want to keep your factory wheels, or at least if you want to keep the same size. If you go with 12.50, I would recommend upping your rim size from 15x8 to 15x10 to reduce the risk of busting your tire beads when airing down. For the potential rubbing issue, you can get wheel spacers to extend the distance between your wheel and fender. They’re not too pricey

I’m somewhat struggling to understand some of this. I’m a picture type of person and a lot of over thinking, LOL.
I have however pretty much decided that I’ll upgrade my wheels along with my tires and that’s mainly where the struggle begins. I see so many different websites suggesting that 33” is fine with a 2” lift and some backspacing but on this forum, the worlds foremost Jeep TJ knowledge base; it seems as though 32” is as big as I should go and not 33”.
The wheel size you suggested of 15x10, forgive me for this, allows for wider tires, right?
I appreciate the responses and conversation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m somewhat struggling to understand some of this. I’m a picture type of person and a lot of over thinking, LOL.
I have however pretty much decided that I’ll upgrade my wheels along with my tires and that’s mainly where the struggle begins. I see so many different websites suggesting that 33” is fine with a 2” lift and some backspacing but on this forum, the worlds foremost Jeep TJ knowledge base; it seems as though 32” is as big as I should go and not 33”.
The wheel size you suggested of 15x10, forgive me for this, allows for wider tires, right?

Yeah no problem!! You’re in the right place to ask all the beginner questions! I’m still a novice myself, and I know there’s still a lot that I don’t know. 33’s would be alright with a 2” lift, but it wouldn’t be ideal because there would be so little room between the tire and the fender it would hinder the up and down movement going over terrain(articulation). Plus, it would also put a strain on a drivetrain any smaller than a Dana 44. My TJ Sport is standard with a Dana 35 rear and Dana 30 front, and my gear ratio is 3.55. To have bigger tires, I personally recommend at least a 3.73 ratio. Anything over 4:1 would be ideal. But if you’re using your Jeep as a daily driver and keep it mostly on pavement, it wouldn’t matter so much.

And yes, a 15x10 is wider than 15x8. The stock wheel size on my Sport is 15x8.

But if there’s anyone else on this page who’s an expert at this and sees something I said that isn’t true, let me know ASAP because I don’t want to give bad advice! Thanks

Reactions: dschwes

This is my Jeep. It’s got a 2” lift sitting on 31x10.50x15 tires. I’ll be upgrading to 32x11.50x15’s once they need replacing. The rims are 15x8. It’s got a gear ratio of 3.55 which is sufficient for the size of these wheels, so I’m confident they’ll be good enough for 32’s.

B0A4C6B1-7DA9-44C3-A1A7-7B7BF0346C29.jpeg

Yeah no problem!! You’re in the right place to ask all the beginner questions! I’m still a novice myself, and I know there’s still a lot that I don’t know. 33’s would be alright with a 2” lift, but it wouldn’t be ideal because there would be so little room between the tire and the fender it would hinder the up and down movement going over terrain(articulation). Plus, it would also put a strain on a drivetrain any smaller than a Dana 44. My TJ Sport is standard with a Dana 35 rear and Dana 30 front, and my gear ratio is 3.55. To have bigger tires, I personally recommend at least a 3.73 ratio. Anything over 4:1 would be ideal. But if you’re using your Jeep as a daily driver and keep it mostly on pavement, it wouldn’t matter so much.

And yes, a 15x10 is wider than 15x8. The stock wheel size on my Sport is 15x8.

But if there’s anyone else on this page who’s an expert at this and sees something I said that isn’t true, let me know ASAP because I don’t want to give bad advice! Thanks

Got it! That’s good info Jonathan! I definitely am not interested in changing my drivetrain to work well with an extra inch of tires! Maybe one day, but it’s not important right now. I’ll stick with the plan and go with the 32’s!

I too have 15x8 stock wheels on my Sport. I guess my next conundrum will be if I want to go with x8 or x10 wheels with 10.5, 11.5 or 12.5 tires. If I understand correctly, I can use the stock wheel size of x8 and go with a tire that has a width of 10.5 or larger? I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before but this will be a daily driver with little to no off-roading. The off-roading I would do would be more sand and gravel that mud and rocks so I doubt that airing down would even happen in the first place. If that’s the case, I doubt there’s little chance that I would be break a bead regardless of the tire/wheel, right?

Thanks again!

This is my Jeep. It’s got a 2” lift sitting on 31x10.50x15 tires. I’ll be upgrading to 32x11.50x15’s once they need replacing. The rims are 15x8. It’s got a gear ratio of 3.55 which is sufficient for the size of these wheels, so I’m confident they’ll be good enough for 32’s.

Yours looks nice! It has a good stance and that’s really what I’m looking for. Would you still be able to use the 15x8 wheels with the 32x11.5 tire?
Also, I was looking at a local tire/wheel store and the guys there said that 17” wheels would work in place of the 15’s. Is that true?

Hey I was wondering the same thing , I would like to run a set of 32 /11.50r15x8 with a 2 inch lift but not a big fan of wheel spacers..... what’s the best way to get a little stance without getting any trouble with rubbing , a 10 wide w/ 12.50 or will this just make the problem worse (im definitely a rookie too)

Got it! That’s good info Jonathan! I definitely am not interested in changing my drivetrain to work well with an extra inch of tires! Maybe one day, but it’s not important right now. I’ll stick with the plan and go with the 32’s!

I too have 15x8 stock wheels on my Sport. I guess my next conundrum will be if I want to go with x8 or x10 wheels with 10.5, 11.5 or 12.5 tires. If I understand correctly, I can use the stock wheel size of x8 and go with a tire that has a width of 10.5 or larger? I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before but this will be a daily driver with little to no off-roading. The off-roading I would do would be more sand and gravel that mud and rocks so I doubt that airing down would even happen in the first place. If that’s the case, I doubt there’s little chance that I would be break a bead regardless of the tire/wheel, right?

Thanks again!

You can ride up to 12.5 with your stock x8 rim, but I personally wouldn’t, I would feel safe just going up to 11.5 which I’ll be doing soon. But since it’s your daily driver, I don’t see any issue if you wanted to go x10 if you want 12.5 wide. And you definitely wouldn’t worry about breaking a tire bead if you’re not crawling with it

Yours looks nice! It has a good stance and that’s really what I’m looking for. Would you still be able to use the 15x8 wheels with the 32x11.5 tire?
Also, I was looking at a local tire/wheel store and the guys there said that 17” wheels would work in place of the 15’s. Is that true?

Thanks!! For sure, you can ride on 17” rims with 31” or 32” tires. You’ll feel more bumps and the ride wouldn’t be as smooth with the bigger rims, and you’ll sure be heavier too

Hey I was wondering the same thing , I would like to run a set of 32 /11.50r15x8 with a 2 inch lift but not a big fan of wheel spacers..... what’s the best way to get a little stance without getting any trouble with rubbing , a 10 wide w/ 12.50 or will this just make the problem worse (im definitely a rookie too)
I would recommend getting a set of rims with a good amount of negative offset. The wheel will naturally stick out farther from the wheel well so you wouldn’t worry about getting spacers. I know I mentioned them recently, but I just did some research and learned that it may not be the best thing. You could do x10 rims as long as there’s enough of an offset, but you can definitely go with x8’s no problem.

For reference, most stock sport rims are +25mm offset, expect the Gambler style(which I have), those are +19mm.To accommodate 11.5 wide tires, I’m looking and getting rims that are -19mm, so they’ll sit out further, increasing the distance between the inside sidewall and the wheel well, all without buying spacers

Get an aftermarket wheel with wheel spacing between 3.75-4”. Our bolt pattern is 5x114.3

Thanks!! For sure, you can ride on 17” rims with 31” or 32” tires. You’ll feel more bumps and the ride wouldn’t be as smooth with the bigger rims, and you’ll sure be heavier too

Got it. That makes sense. The circumference would be the same, just less rubber to absorb the bumps. Didn’t think about the weight either. [emoji848]

You can ride up to 12.5 with your stock x8 rim, but I personally wouldn’t, I would feel safe just going up to 11.5 which I’ll be doing soon. But since it’s your daily driver, I don’t see any issue if you wanted to go x10 if you want 12.5 wide. And you definitely wouldn’t worry about breaking a tire bead if you’re not crawling with it

8" wide wheels are plenty safe for a 12.5" wide tire and are the most common width.

Reactions: Billwynburger
Can anyone tell me if the original poster of this thread is using wheel spacers or not ??
I have the same OEM Ravine wheels and would like to use them with 32 x 11.50s ...….

^
I'm Interested in this myself. I like these Ravine wheels and would rather not spend the $$ on aftermarkets. Although they are +25mm offset so there's a lot of tire under the body. I have to believe if you are putting anything wider on stock wheels, you are going to need to either use spacers or adjust the bump stops. This handy tool will bring a visual to the impact of changing tires on stock wheels. Play around with the numbers. -18mm offset wheels with 3.75" backspace will push the tire outside of the fender most likely, so consider local laws. https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

32 X 11.50 - 32 Stock Ravines No spacers no rubbing 2 1/2 " springs with 1 1/2" spacer on front to Level

Thanks, that looks great! Good to know it'll fit and I'm amazed there's no rubbing in the back. I can barely get my hand between the stock 30x9.5 and where the base of the coil spring sits. Also, looks like they sit pretty well with the fenders too. I was looking at 33x12.5 and at that width, with a -18 offset wheel it'll push all 3" outside of the fender it might need new fenders or fail inspection. That's what has me looking at 11.5 width.

Reactions: Rick Lanier
I'm running 32x11.5 on 15x8 with 5.25 offset. They rub the lca a little at full lock.

I have about 2.5-2.75 lift.

Thanks, that looks great! Good to know it'll fit and I'm amazed there's no rubbing in the back. I can barely get my hand between the stock 30x9.5 and where the base of the coil spring sits. Also, looks like they sit pretty well with the fenders too. I was looking at 33x12.5 and at that width, with a -18 offset wheel it'll push all 3" outside of the fender it might need new fenders or fail inspection. That's what has me looking at 11.5 width.

Pirat3j, I choose to use a rear adjustable trac bar to recenter the rear axle after I installed the lift.
The lift pulls it over to the passenger side ( if I remember correctly ) and the rear upper coil spring plate comes into play. I've heard of guy trimming the top plate to make clearance as well.
th.jpg