2006 TJ

1Blacktj

TJ Enthusiast
I have owned this Jeep for a little over two years now and done many different things to it.
This is the day I bought it.
1tLoKohBHzZWB8yeCeivrszqmbrwuWmasPZfcSrS-WFqRAgVaacKif1agV5a2O5sepTK32t40NkkURRVE=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

NtLVu1GMWH7tgHfqUPrqik_vka47TEinPMvmx-cGCgyIqd3Sa5tNPiakU1MH-Z9wt0ho6XF3ui3N_NNAI=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

First time with doors and top down
zDSlqk5-mhbOSqhdFlQ2YeOk-JXlGDdER9b3T5mlm33DhxPhj3dn7t8SfJ--2rHI-uoNcVCaAwCiGAO-s=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

Still bone stock to this point besides a few cosmetic changes
vRCgLq5ROdx_0rHkS6OY07YxgaKHDCnkjOv-sVbNBLShPJjM-3yH4uRmMi45VDieIUVL6d8vCFI03sPRE=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

The flag pole mount is probly one of my favorite mods. If you want to know how I did it, just ask and ill make a thread on it.
IAcGNjZCtE40-HcpX6AYJ1ZNTvTvpm_nvVs4cProM_yw3lrJI3GoHtY6XuCeJsWTiOQkYlzhAo3PlFDbjQ=w1334-h750-no.jpg

This is the first "real" mod I did to my jeep. I installed a 3.25 Rough Country Lift Kit with Rough Country's trackbar.
OsKjb6mLpZdIl8SFnfoQKQywW44nRzbTfXbti4frL9vwRQo9MNvQwXnTiuCZcotZvkgbYCb1O0rNdFMww=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

JI2ThMNr6fsLPgfy0qpZ99g03Y9Os0NMlmTkvwmqJ7PlHBXPw8QXQURhEh-MoLBHLCmo-C-_1LG6Yx9es=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

I finally decided to get new tires. They are 33x12.5 BFG KO2s and I have loved how they ride and the aggressive look they have for an all terrain.
-OIqkDGh0nsbM3EGKLiLNZp4uPTwi84ZDUtX6L5dt8Rqfw-WhbQ0IcS1iCgQU-SY8ZYnhWhsF1pNTOz_k=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

JK2z9RSoKndkMld9CYMeuMzex_auMf4cP6BkkbpM0tA6VujNBsgywPqbM9HED8OVa09qgcFk0iCgLCt9E=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

My most recent mod was replacing the cheap bushwackers that came on the jeep for some stock flares. Some people did not like this change but I love the way they make the Jeep look.
YouPF63pCEkWoDnjTsNBhUTrlv_3rCN6pY87dv6ErdfzTY57IUZ0I1SUtPZbrMwOTju6KI8XyEYNWBvkY=w1748-h1310-no.jpg

HTuMUPT1frIFBIjWBeYIUMX6_BOfMgzaSCdJQk6CT74v4ZmkccaQ2w0It8UJzK8MabriPHn8oZ7N9qB1Ms=w738-h1310-no.jpg

There is a lot of things that I did to my Jeep that I did not include here like Currie Correctlync, MBRP Cat back exhaust, maxbuilt center console, k&n cold air intake, grabars etc.
I will be posting every mod I do from now on with better pictures.

A few people were saying I shouldn't change them because then ill have scratches everywhere from rocks and stuff. I guess they didn't realize that I had a TJ and scratches just mean character.

So quick update. After looking at reviews and costs I finally decided to get the Smittybuilt SRC rear bumper with tire carrier. I had read that the main problems with this bumper was that it shakes really bad going down the road and that it had wrong size bolts connecting the bumper to the frame. Knowing this would be an issue, I bought the correct size bolts before I installed the bumper and had no issues. I also have no vibrations whatsoever and iv been up to 75 with it on and the top down and no vibrations to speak of. A lot of reviews also said that the zerk fitting was to high and would get broke off by the tailgate hinge but mine barely clears and will have no issue of breaking off. I am really impressed with this bumper in the end and would recommend it to anyone!
MZzh12okXA4zdeQW2BKOidBJhW-HMz-m7cNtAoj2ytaQVQwuU2_gE5GIWzDxPPYSiZLe7PYHTx2vVRHkI=w1364-h1024-no.jpg

I also, in the near future, will be getting Metalcloaks gas plate skid to get rid of that ugly piece of metal!

Reactions: Chris
So quick update. After looking at reviews and costs I finally decided to get the Smittybuilt SRC rear bumper with tire carrier. I had read that the main problems with this bumper was that it shakes really bad going down the road and that it had wrong size bolts connecting the bumper to the frame. Knowing this would be an issue, I bought the correct size bolts before I installed the bumper and had no issues. I also have no vibrations whatsoever and iv been up to 75 with it on and the top down and no vibrations to speak of. A lot of reviews also said that the zerk fitting was to high and would get broke off by the tailgate hinge but mine barely clears and will have no issue of breaking off. I am really impressed with this bumper in the end and would recommend it to anyone!View attachment 48928
I also, in the near future, will be getting Metalcloaks gas plate skid to get rid of that ugly piece of metal!
Thanks for the update...not to highjack the thread but what is it about the gas tank skid that is solved by another one? I honestly don't know but aren't they all pretty much the same?

Thanks for the update...not to highjack the thread but what is it about the gas tank skid that is solved by another one? I honestly don't know but aren't they all pretty much the same?
In the broad sense yes but I was looking at Metalcloaks skid plate that they offer and the fact that part of it is aluminum and part is steel and powder coated for more durability really stood out to me. Many people also claim that the skid gains around an inch of clearance from the stock one.

In the broad sense yes but I was looking at Metalcloaks skid plate that they offer and the fact that part of it is aluminum and part is steel and powder coated for more durability really stood out to me. Many people also claim that the skid gains around an inch of clearance from the stock one.

Do you know what the Metalcloak gas tank skid weighs?

I replaced mine with a Rokmen gas tank skid and gained about 1" of clearance over stock. This of course requires a body lift, but that goes without saying.

Do you know what the Metalcloak gas tank skid weighs?

I replaced mine with a Rokmen gas tank skid and gained about 1" of clearance over stock. This of course requires a body lift, but that goes without saying.
I believe it said the whole thing weighed 46 pounds? It also does not require a body lift well at least it says that.

I believe it said the whole thing weighed 46 pounds? It also does not require a body lift well at least it says that.

Interesting. My Rokmen skid is solid steel and weighs 50 lbs., so that's not really much heavier considering it's solid steel.

Look like I was wrong about the Rokmen skid... it only requires 1/2" body lift, or if you don't want to do a body lift, it comes with a 1/2" spacer:
https://www.rokmen.com/jeep/armor-p...gas-tank-skid/rokmen-gas-tank-skid-plate.html

I have owned this Jeep for a little over two years now and done many different things to it.
This is the day I bought it.
View attachment 42632
View attachment 42633
First time with doors and top down
View attachment 42634
Still bone stock to this point besides a few cosmetic changes
View attachment 42635
The flag pole mount is probly one of my favorite mods. If you want to know how I did it, just ask and ill make a thread on it.
View attachment 42636
This is the first "real" mod I did to my jeep. I installed a 3.25 Rough Country Lift Kit with Rough Country's trackbar.
View attachment 42637
View attachment 42638
I finally decided to get new tires. They are 33x12.5 BFG KO2s and I have loved how they ride and the aggressive look they have for an all terrain.
View attachment 42639
View attachment 42642
My most recent mod was replacing the cheap bushwackers that came on the jeep for some stock flares. Some people did not like this change but I love the way they make the Jeep look.
View attachment 42640
View attachment 42641
There is a lot of things that I did to my Jeep that I did not include here like Currie Correctlync, MBRP Cat back exhaust, maxbuilt center console, k&n cold air intake, grabars etc.
I will be posting every mod I do from now on with better pictures.

Personally like the stock look over the bushwackers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1Blacktj
Interesting. My Rokmen skid is solid steel and weighs 50 lbs., so that's not really much heavier considering it's solid steel.

Look like I was wrong about the Rokmen skid... it only requires 1/2" body lift, or if you don't want to do a body lift, it comes with a 1/2" spacer:
https://www.rokmen.com/jeep/armor-p...gas-tank-skid/rokmen-gas-tank-skid-plate.html
The real main reason I was considering Metalcloak over other brands is that they have a good reputation for customer support and I am also eventually going to get their front bumper and i'm a weirdo and like things to match brand wise if i can afford it
Personally like the stock look over the bushwackers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea almost everyone I talk to likes the stock flares over the bushwacker. Thats one upgrade I wish i did a long time ago.

Reactions: Chris and Nicholas