2006 TJ

Money was kinda running thin for awhile there and I haven't done much over the last few months besides new Rancho shocks and new ball joints but I just bought my new Metalcloak bumper today with a few other little things so expect a post about that hopefully soon!! I also got around to making a spreadsheet of everything I can possibly think of that I have done to my Jeep and the prices with the date and mileage that it was installed. Took some time but i definitely think it will be helpful down the road!

Screenshot_2.jpg

Finally had time and a day that wasn't raining to put the new front bumper on!

Next step is to get a slip yoke eliminator and driveshaft. Was going to do it myself but called a shop and he said he could install it in a day for like 40$-50$ so couldn't really pass that up. More updates to come!

I saw you swapped from Goodyear Duratracs to KO2s. How would you describe the difference? I have 33x12.4 KO2 on my TJ from the previous owner, and while I like the look, it make the steering feel like riding on balloons and they slip a lot in the rain.

I saw you swapped from Goodyear Duratracs to KO2s. How would you describe the difference? I have 33x12.4 KO2 on my TJ from the previous owner, and while I like the look, it make the steering feel like riding on balloons and they slip a lot in the rain.
Well I went from running a 31 to a 33 so I knew it might be a little different but I couldn’t feel a mayor difference. Iv had my KO2s for over a year and Iv never had them slip once. What tire pressure are you running them at?

26-28psi...or that's what I set last. Just had them rebalanced at Discount Tires, so they might have reset the pressure to something else. Good to know they ride about the same. My KO2s have a tone of tread left. Thanks for the info.

I have owned this Jeep for a little over two years now and done many different things to it.
This is the day I bought it.
View attachment 42632
View attachment 42633
First time with doors and top down
View attachment 42634
Still bone stock to this point besides a few cosmetic changes
View attachment 42635
The flag pole mount is probly one of my favorite mods. If you want to know how I did it, just ask and ill make a thread on it.
View attachment 42636
This is the first "real" mod I did to my jeep. I installed a 3.25 Rough Country Lift Kit with Rough Country's trackbar.
View attachment 42637
View attachment 42638
I finally decided to get new tires. They are 33x12.5 BFG KO2s and I have loved how they ride and the aggressive look they have for an all terrain.
View attachment 42639
View attachment 42642
My most recent mod was replacing the cheap bushwackers that came on the jeep for some stock flares. Some people did not like this change but I love the way they make the Jeep look.
View attachment 42640
View attachment 42641
There is a lot of things that I did to my Jeep that I did not include here like Currie Correctlync, MBRP Cat back exhaust, maxbuilt center console, k&n cold air intake, grabars etc.
I will be posting every mod I do from now on with better pictures.
Nice looking TJ! Good call on the fenders. Also love the KO2’s. What size wheels? How do you like the rough country suspension?

So update. I recently had a shop install a slip toke eliminator kit. I bought it from Adams Driveshaft so it came with their driveshaft and I opted for the advanced adapter sye kit. The shop that installed it took awhile because for some reason 5 other people decided they wanted a sye kit the same time as me but I gotta tell you, I wasn't exepecting a huge increase in ride quality but once I get above 45 or 50 it rides so much smoother!! The driveshaft is beefy and so far there are no leaks so lets hope that stays the same!

It is. Guess you are fortunate not to have any vibes. After an SYE/DCDS you are supposed to raise the pinion angle of the rear diff to be in line with the drive shaft tube angle. to accomplish that you need at minimum adjustable rear upper control arms. Something to consider for prolonged ujoint life.

It is. Guess you are fortunate not to have any vibes. After an SYE/DCDS you are supposed to raise the pinion angle of the rear diff to be in line with the drive shaft tube angle. to accomplish that you need at minimum adjustable rear upper control arms. Something to consider for prolonged ujoint life.
I’ll have to keep that in mind I’m wanting to get adjustable control arms eventually anyway so I need to at least get the rear upper control arms first

Reactions: bobthetj03