2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport ETC traction light help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie4x4

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler sport I financed in 2019. I’m in a 72 month finance to own... so I need help. Please, it’s appreciated.

jeeps never given me a hard time. Last year it was so hot here in Arizona, my radiator broke and I had it replaced. Everything was fine.

about a month ago, I noticed my temp gauge start to fluctuate from the middle line, right before the “H” line. It would do that for a few seconds, I’d watch it or pull over and turn the car off and once I’d start the car over, it was fine. this happened for a few weeks. No warning lights, no leaks, figured it was just a glitch or something.

and then on a drive one day across town, I saw this light come on my dash. Looked like Harry Potters lightning bolt on his forehead lol. Also, the traction light came on. Then I noticed the Jeep started running rough at idles. Damn, really rough. Still had power, decided I needed to drive it back across town to get it the hell home.

ETC light with traction light started to flash, now the check engine light is on, my Jeep was losing power. Car died on the streets. Towed it home.

it’s been to 2 mechanics so far.

replaced the throttle body sensor (although it’s aftermarket), replaced the pedal sensor, replaced spark plugs.

ETC lights still on, traction light still on. Check engine light on. RPMs it when you start the car. It’ll rev to almost 4000rpms. Idle is rough, feels like the car is jerking, sounds like I cut the exhaust off, rumbling... what the hell is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.