2014 wrangler unlimited starting to wobble

James Miller

I bought this wrangler about 4 months ago. It has drove fine till last week when I noticed it shook for a couple seconds around 45mph then quit. I noticed it one other time. Then yesterday I hit a bump doing around 30mph and it shook harder for a couple seconds harder then before. I've read a lot about the death wobble and fixes. I think I caught it early. I read that the tie rods/ ends are generally the first thing that cause this. The rod off the steering seems to be moving more then I think it should when the tires are turned. Is that a good place to start? I read the stabilizer bar mounting hole get wore out . I haven't took the bolt out to see yet but it appears solid just looking and pulling on it. Any help is appreciated.

You've definitely got some loose suspension or tire issues causing that...while in general the principals are the same for JKs and TJs, you might find more specific help on a JK forum. But stay tuned for any owners of JKs to chime in. There's a few on here. Good luck.

I'd have to say I would not have expected that to be happening on a 2014 JK, but you never know, I guess...

Reactions: StG58
Oh man, a 2014 with a loose front end? I would doubt that the suspension components are wearing out that fast. Unless the JK is highly modified.

Can you tell us more about the Jeep? Mods and etc.? That will help with the diagnosis.

The drag link will have some rotational movement, but shouldn't have any end to end play. Start with the basics. Have you checked the tire balance lately?

Our '16 with 23000 on it did the same thing. Ball joints and tie rid end were sloppy. It's got 37's on it for 5000 miles, super lite wheeling on the dunes twice. Parts just don't hold up. We replaced with Dynatrac ball joints and Steer Smart tie rod set up with a new stabilizer. All better!

The jeep has 2.5 inch lift I believe and 33's on it. Im not sure the brand of lift. I bought it with 50k miles already on it. It has driven smooth for the first 4 months now it willbshake a litte. It doesn't shake everyone you drive it.

Our '16 with 23000 on it did the same thing. Ball joints and tie rid end were sloppy. It's got 37's on it for 5000 miles, super lite wheeling on the dunes twice. Parts just don't hold up. We replaced with Dynatrac ball joints and Steer Smart tie rod set up with a new stabilizer. All better!
You're asking a lot of stock suspension to handle the demands of 37's.