2016 Jeep Wrangler stereo issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherJerrica

I have run out of ideas. My Jeep Wrangler 2016 is having stereo issues. The radio no longer works and anything else skips in and out, almost sounds like there is a wire lose but I have checked them all they seem to all be connected. Will some times work when I first turn it on for the day but after that we go back to the skipping.

Can you give any more detail?

For example when you say the radio no longer works, do you mean it won't turn on or you just can't receive anything?

And when you say everything else skips in and out... do you mean the radio is turning on and off or its staying on, but the audio cuts in and out?

As much detail as you can provide would be great. Electrical gremlins are sneaky little bastards :)

I have run out of ideas. My Jeep Wrangler 2016 is having stereo issues. The radio no longer works and anything else skips in and out, almost sounds like there is a wire lose but I have checked them all they seem to all be connected. Will some times work when I first turn it on for the day but after that we go back to the skipping.
I’ve had an issue similar before. Check the connections to your battery make sure they are still solid along with the wires to the radio.

I recently had an issue similar to this. Would cut in and out if I hit a bump in the road.

I know you said you checked all your connections, but double check your ground to the head unit and speaker ground.

My problem was resolved by simply removing the ground wire and finding a better ground source.

Status
Not open for further replies.