2019 Jeep Cherokee

darkmavis

Let’s try it here since it’s off topic, maybe it won’t get deleted. Thinking about buying a brand new 2019 Cherokee that has 56 miles; should I pull the trigger? What does the masses say in regards to it not being a wrangler?

Just bought the wife a 16, she loves it. its a luxury compared to my lj in the ride department. have taken it on any trails yet, she doesnt want it to get dirty...

I found that it was a nice vehicle but just scared off by the bad stuff I saw on them internets...I do believe everything I read on it 😂

Reactions: InOmaha
Our 15 has been a great vehicle (80k miles). The only issue so far has been the active grill shutter assembly (twice). A shudder has popped out both times, easy to pop back into place. What have you been finding that is bad?

I had a 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee and even with the viscous coupling it went through snow and stuff that got the trucks around me stuck. It's ability to not get stuck on unplowed roads is what brought be back to the brand after my last vehicle.

Looking on the internet it had all sorts of bad reviews for things like exhaust manifold issues, and viscous coupling issues, etc, etc. But overall it wasn't a big deal since I did repairs myself. So my leaky exhaust took 3-4 hours to fix and cost $125. I found it as reliable as any other brand of vehicle I've owned. The issues with it never left me stranded. I spent a lot of money to get a leaking heater core fixed because Jeep buries them all deep in the dash.

But my wife's ultra well reviewed mini van has an electric side door that sticks and I spent a lot of time and money fixing that too.

If my wife wanted an SUV, I'd consider one if they still have a 4lo transfer case. That one lasted a decade for me and another 5 years for the neighbor's kids, before it was traded. I bet, sans accident, it could still be out there running for someone.

There might be a big difference between 2019 and 1998, but I wouldn't automatically use the internet to tell me. If the internet tells someone their car is reliable, they'll tend to ignore the occasional $500-1000 bill from the dealer to fix something minor on it.