2019 Jeep Jamboree dates and locations announced

I'm planning on going to the one in Bartow, Florida. It's the same property that they hold the Jeeping with Judd event in February, but on a different section. Until I clicked that link I had no idea it was $375!

Anyone here ever done one of these events? I've been planning a Four Corners trip, and it looks like they have an Arch Canyon trip in that area in April. Looks like it's catered, guided, and seems pretty well planned, but at $850 for my family I think they're asking all the money for two days of trail riding. Thoughts?

I called to verify the costs because I was dumbfounded that my local ride is $345 per person, not per vehicle. They said it was mostly due meals provided for the two days. I would gladly pay less to feed myself.

Whike I think exploring a different part of the property the event here in Florida is being held at would be wonderful, I can’t justify the entry cost of $690, plus three nights at a hotel, and three nights of boarding for my dog for two days of trail riding,

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
At 650 for two it does seem a bit high even including meals (sit down breakfast and dinner with a box lunch) but that shouldn't be over 100/person for the two days. They are guided, and while I cannot speak for all locations holding an event, Ouray does not need a guide. All the trails mentioned show up in my old Garmin and are clearly marked so getting lost is not possible.

I do know it costs to hold such events and even if you have an all volunteer army there is still overhead that has to be accounted for.

On a side note Ouray is too late in the year to do the two trails that should be mandatory if you ever go there, Engineer and Cinnamon Passes.

1543501047405.png

I'd be going solo in most cases, wife gets car sick so it's a bit more reasonable but definitely more expensive than just heading to the OHV Park with the local jeep group...

I called to verify the costs because I was dumbfounded that my local ride is $345 per person, not per vehicle. They said it was mostly due meals provided for the two days. I would gladly pay less to feed myself.

Whike I think exploring a different part of the property the event here in Florida is being held at would be wonderful, I can’t justify the entry cost of $690, plus three nights at a hotel, and three nights of boarding for my dog for two days of trail riding,

That's about where I'm at... I'm less into catered meals and entertainment than I am paying a little for a guided trip. It's not as though there are a shortage of trails in S. Utah.

I really wanted to attend the ride at Big bear, Ca but $550 for 2 personally to much for me. That can be parts for my jeep or something I really need im incollege so $550 can be useful. What are these guys running a business ? Understand they have spotters and food but that’s where your buddies are for and food I can easily make it myself.

$800 for the family? That's quite steep... what all does that include? I seem to be missing that.

I just checked out the Death Valley, Ca their “signature” that’s $1450 for the driver !!! $550 for first passenger $250 for additional passengers. Oh man that’s ridiculous high! Each jeep is almost close to 2k easily

I went to the coal mountain one in PA last year. The price is steep but Jeep Jamboree sells out every trip, every year. I think a few of them like Ouray and Tilamook are worth it. Not sure I'd pay to go to the Badlands in Indiana when I can just go there with a group myself...

Moral of the story, in my opinion, only a select few are worth the price that JJUSA wants. Even still, they'd probably sell out even with higher prices.

For the Ouray trip you get 6 meals and a T-shirt per person...It's a really nice T-shirt though.

Hmmm, so I guess there is some value, but what if I want to bring my own meals?

I have no idea... maybe it is a good deal. Just seems really steep.

Hmmm, so I guess there is some value, but what if I want to bring my own meals?

I have no idea... maybe it is a good deal. Just seems really steep.

There is a lot more value than some people here want to admit. Having knowledgable guides is a great advantage. You also aren't wheeling with unvetted strangers. If I was to go to Ouray, I would either go with JJUSA or be wheeling with complete strangers. As much as I hate to say it, the high price filters out a lot of the people you don't want to be wheeling with (don't read too much into that). I've gone wheeling with strangers from the internet before just to find that they are complete fools when I get there. It isn't fun wheeling with some guy who decides to full throttle his Jeep at the very first obstacle and break it (yup, thats happened to me before). JJUSA essentially offers the experience of wheeling with people you know are somewhat reasonable even if you live 1000 miles from where you are wheeling.

There is a lot more value than some people here want to admit. Having knowledgable guides is a great advantage. You also aren't wheeling with unvetted strangers. If I was to go to Ouray, I would either go with JJUSA or be wheeling with complete strangers. As much as I hate to say it, the high price filters out a lot of the people you don't want to be wheeling with (don't read too much into that). I've gone wheeling with strangers from the internet before just to find that they are complete fools when I get there. It isn't fun wheeling with some guy who decides to full throttle his Jeep at the very first obstacle and break it (yup, thats happened to me before). JJUSA essentially offers the experience of wheeling with people you know are somewhat reasonable even if you live 1000 miles from where you are wheeling.

That's a good way to look at it, I get that.

I think the same can be said with a lot of things as well. When there is a fee or a certain price point on things, it often times keeps the people out who you wouldn't want there to begin with, which I totally get.

At some point it seems like this would be something I'd like to do. If only my wife and kids were out of town that weekend, I would go to it by myself :)

Reactions: IPerkWVU